Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: and they all shout "why buy a gun from europe"

The VAT content of a sale worth £8.20 is £1.37, to the nearest penny, not £1.64. Still makes the proposal not worth much, albeit a very tiny paper profit.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Give up guys, You can't educate pork!

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by shauny View Post
    well heres why,
    ordered a new gun early mon from germainia,along with a bagful
    of other bits and pieces,and it arrived today,to my door,and the post
    from germany, to me, 18 euros.fantastic service from the old krauts.
    its my second one from them,well pleased.will never buy in uk again,
    we get ripped off something rotten.
    Just a reminder of where we all came in on this one....
    Twenty-seven pages ago!
    I'm sure "shauny" didn't envisage where his thread would take us.
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    In as simple terms as I can put it. Firstly I said a business pays vat on purchases and I was wrong. Now apparently that bit might be right reading what you people are posting. The schemes (the same ones which allow for payment or non payment of vat) which didn't exist in the early put down answers now do exist but they are only payment options.
    Now people are saying the difference in price must be elsewhere. Did I not say that the difference must be what a UK business has to pay, don't forget the plus vat, and a German company has to pay, plus vat. Because people like things in figures.
    UK trade price £100+VAT@20%+margin+VAT at point of sale=
    Non UK trade price say £80+VAT@20%+margin+VAT at point of sale=
    Now even an idiot can see that the problem lies with the difference in supply price. The VAT only pushes the difference to the retail customer even higher.
    I`d give up if I were you, you have absolutely no idea how the system works and are just fishing for a reason for uk shops to charge so much more than eu shops

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Give up guys, You can't educate pork!

Cheers

John
    Who are you referring to as pork? Be careful how you answer because I will not hesitate to report it to the mods. Perhaps you might want to edit your post.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Who are you referring to as pork? Be careful how you answer because I will not hesitate to report it to the mods. Perhaps you might want to edit your post.
    What you a 10 year old FFS
    ISP Airstream mk3 March F 2.5/25mml. Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 leupold 20/50 Steyr 2014 hft March x 5/50 MTR3 ISP Airstream MK3 March x 8-80 silver, fx impact m3 element helix Ripley AR4 blue Burris 8/32 Steyr 2014 hot all .177

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Gent's on track or we padlock it,,,, that's the options
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Stop it please, I can't take any more

He meant lamb, LAMB baa baaa

oink

There's a warning 2 posts above by jackel gents, I'd suggest listening to it if you want the thread to continue.

I joined here a year ago almost, and after a few days I stopped logging on because of threads going off on a tangent and ending up in pathetic arguments.

I have now been back on for 2 days and see this heap of *insert your word of choice here*.

Looks like I'll give it another year...

I really thought you'd grasped it Rob (last quote below) but apparently not.
    Before you start crying "foul" you might want to consider the condescending tone you've maintained to other respondents...

I suggest you go away and study how different industries are affected by VAT registration. To make it simple I will explain why you are barking up the wrong tree....
    To all that suggest I am wrong...the gang is right no matter what explanation is offered. Narrow minded is an understatement.
    ... Be prepared for being made to look silly...
    In as simple terms as I can put it. Firstly I said a business pays vat on purchases and I was wrong...
    Now even an idiot can see that the problem lies with the difference in supply price...
    Perhaps you should step away from the computer for a while. It's only an online forum and you do seem to take it rather personally.
    Enjoy the weekend, and I do genuinely mean that. ATB

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    I really thought you'd grasped it Rob (last quote below) but apparently not.
    Before you start crying "foul" you might want to consider the condescending tone you've maintained to other respondents...
    Perhaps you should step away from the computer for a while. It's only an online forum and you do seem to take it rather personally.
    Enjoy the weekend, and I do genuinely mean that. ATB
    Thanks I will enjoy the weekend. Hope you do too. The only bit that confuses me is the fact that when I put up information it's wrong but if someone else corrects me with the same information it's right.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

shauny is offline Has a taste for the French fancys
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    Gent's on track or we padlock it,,,, that's the options
    please end it! i cant take anymore!

Right gents, I think this has run it's course and has been going round in circles for the last few pages. If anyone sees any value in continuing, pm one of us and state your case, and we'll consider re-opening it.