Thread: Remington 1911 RAC Query?

Unhappy Remington 1911 RAC Query?

Wotcha,

I bought a beautiful 1911 A1 look-a-likey and I love it.
    However, I find the bright white lettering on both sides garish!
    I'm trying to find a way of removing the lettering without damaging the paint below or around it?
    Does anyone know if this is possible please?
    Also, can anyone let me know where I could buy, online preferably, spare magazines?
    Googling hasn't been much help and I'm sure some members must have found some somewhere

Any advice will be gratefully accepted, many thanks
    Anders
    AA S410 Carbine .22 (Walnut Stock)Hawke Pro Stalk 3-9x50

AA TX200 HC .22

Hello mate, unfortunately because you got the RAC version, you might struggle with the writing.
    Its the version with the most writing i have ever seen on any gun lol.

IF you start rubbing away at it, you will most likely effect the paint, the trades and markings are lasered on so it imprints the metal slight too, and because of the colour of the paint you cant use a bluing pen on it.. So i think its either put up with the writing, or remove the letting and paint.. (either polish the pistol or get it repainted)

As for the magazine, any of the KWC 1911 variants will fit it.

Ring ronnies they should get some back instock soon.

http://www.ronniesunshines.com/swiss...p1911-magazine

or wait for this seller to put their prices back to normal, ( i hate it when they do this to stop people buying because they are out of stock.)
    item number: 1311495621

ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post

or wait for this seller to put their prices back to normal, ( i hate it when they do this to stop people buying because they are out of stock.)
    item number: 1311495621

ATB, Marc..
    Is that an item? I cant find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jweaver View Post
    Is that an item? I cant find it.
    sorry left a few numbers out: 131149562183
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

sorry left a few numbers out: 131149562183
    Cheers.. I still cant grt my head around the price of the mags.. My local gun store sells the Remmington 1911 for £78. It would make more sense to buy another for a 2nd mag and then you are basically getting a gun ( or complete set of spares) for £45.

My friend is coming over from the USA next week.. I am tempted to ask him to bring me some mags.. But its a big ask considering they are actually for a Fire Arm and i am not even sure if you can import them. Even if it is, its quite a big ask of him considering the stigma of bringing in "weapons parts".

wow your local shop sells them very cheap, at both my local shops they are £120, for all the KWC 1911 variants.. Apart from the umarex m45 cqbp version..

If i was you i would buy another RAC keep the mag and sell the pistol, your get most your money back..

wow your local shop sells them very cheap, at both my local shops they are £120, for all the KWC 1911 variants.. Apart from the umarex m45 cqbp version..

If i was you i would buy another RAC keep the mag and sell the pistol, your get most your money back..
    I must admit i was surpised. I originally ordered the Swiss Arms which was £99, but they rang me to say that stock would take a few weeks and they had the Remmington for £78. I was sceptical, but thats the prices they sell them for..

As you say, its more than a bit tempting to buy another to get a 2nd mag and have a spare gun to sell, harvest for parts or even turn into a silver model....

Hello mate, unfortunately because you got the RAC version, you might struggle with the writing.
    Its the version with the most writing i have ever seen on any gun lol.

IF you start rubbing away at it, you will most likely effect the paint, the trades and markings are lasered on so it imprints the metal slight too, and because of the colour of the paint you cant use a bluing pen on it.. So i think its either put up with the writing, or remove the letting and paint.. (either polish the pistol or get it repainted)
    O< Snip

Many many thanks for the advice and the link to another firm I can use.
    This is my first 4.5mm BB gun and my first ever 1911. The bloke in the shop advised I go for the Remington version as it's the most like the real thing.
    I own a few .177 pellet firing Co2 guns, an Rws Mod C225, an Umarex Desert Eagle (with modded targeting sites) and a Walther CP99.
    I was looking to buy an Umarex Berreta 92s, but decided to buy the Remington instead!
    Going back into the shop tomorrow to buy either the Colt 1911 MkIV or the KWC M1911, which is basically the same as my Remington, but without the garish markings
    The Mark IV is full metal, but fires plastic bb's
    Ordered a set of imitation ivory "Punisher" grips
    Anders

AA TX200 HC .22

hi mate your welcome..

sounds like you have quite a nice collection..

check out my 1911 it has been fully polished and custom engraved, its looks as close to the real thing as your going to get. mine started as the swiss arms 1911 but as your see, you would not think it was, i go to a firearms club and a lot of people see my gun and think its the real thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWLPLOS1Cfs

i have also made a video on how to fit the custom grips to our 1911's, so you will want to check that out, i will be making many more videos on that and many more airguns as well..

I highly recommend the beretta 92fs, mine is 10 years old seen easily 10,000+ rounds and still going strong. heres a look.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...%20new%202.jpg

I also have the umarex colt m45 CQBP FDE 1911, although its made by KWC just like the TFW, Swiss Arms p1911 and RAC and blackwater 1911, it seems to have a slightly stronger blowback..

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...c/DSCF1080.jpg

ATB, Marc..

O< Snip

i have also made a video on how to fit the custom grips to our 1911's, so you will want to check that out, i will be making many more videos on that and many more airguns as well..

I highly recommend the beretta 92fs, mine is 10 years old seen easily 10,000+ rounds and still going strong.

ATB, Marc..
    Wotcha,
    Just watched your video on fitting the grips. Fantastic, just what I was looking for, thanks!
    Thanks for sharing it
    Kind of torn now between buying the KWC M1911 or the KWC 1911 TAC
    I prefer the trigger and hammer on the TAC? Will depend on whether it fits my holster or not
    Anders

AA TX200 HC .22

Your welcome mate,
    yeah hard choice isnt it, take your holster with you and try it out im sure the shop will not mind.

lol so many guns so little time..

Bought the KWC TAC and an STI Tac Master, both in 6mm BB 'cos they were out of stock of them in 4.5mm BB
    Both fit my Blueline holster and both are Co2 and full metal
    Damaged the paint on my Remington with just a little polishing
    There's a dude over at The Umarex Boys Club who will coat the parts you send him.
    Going to have to see if he'll undertake coating my slide for me either that or try to find a replacement slide
    All in all an expensive day
    Anders

AA TX200 HC .22

hi mate, yup just seen you on umarexboysclub and replied, bigjob did my pistol, i highly recommend his work if you do send your pistol to him.. but im sure we can sort out your slide, send me a picture of what you have done of talk me through it, might be easier on umarexboysclub as you can post loads of pictures up if need be