Thread: Junior shooting competitions.

Junior shooting competitions.

My little 'un has asked me if there are any shooting competitions that she may be able to take part in. I told her that I would ask the question......

She enjoys using her rifle and has put in a lot of time at home and at our local club - mostly bench rest.

Somewhere in the south/south west would be good but, traveling for the right opportunity isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance.

All of the above.

Devon County SBRA runs a postal bench rest competition and you don't have to live in Devon to take part.

Normally shot over 20 yards, the comp consists of ten rounds at fortnightly intervals, you shoot two 10-shot cards per round on the same day, then send them off to the scorer and a while later you get your results by email. You can buy the target cards from the NSRA shop.

The rules are quite simple; no multi shots, the rifle can be supported at the fore-end only by a flat hard rest, not a bean bag. Either 177 or 22 cal but you must stick with one cal for the season.

My club has about a dozen members taking part.

Edit: I meant to add, you can shoot this at your own club, you don't need to travel.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Thanks for the reply Rich. It sounds like that could be perfect but, we don't have any single shot rifles now.

Do you know if she'd be allowed to use her Bsa Goldstar if I could find some kind of single shot adaptor or, if one of the guys at our club supervised and verified that single pellets had been loaded?

All of the above.

Magazine guns are allowed but you must only load one pellet at a time.

Entries for this winter's comp season close on 28th September; if you would like a form please give me an email address that I can forward one to.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee