Thread: Sending Air Rifle to RFD

Silver Captain Guest

Sending Air Rifle to RFD

Hi folks......I wondered if anyone could give me some idea on the costs and implications if any of buying an air rifle from an RFD at the other end of the country. I'm considering the deal because they do free labour and parts servicing and repairs but not sure how much the posting to and back might cost and if their are any known issues that make it problematic? Any help would be much appreciated ....

Initially they will have to send it to another RFD, which will cost you probably £25 for them to handle it on top of the postage, however after that they can return it direct to your home address but the post will be £20-£25 each way & is almost certainly NOT included as free.

So £50 on top of the actual cost to start, plus £50 for each "free" service.

Remember in the first 12 months there will be a manufacturers warranty anyway if it goes wrong.

Silver Captain Guest
    So I send it to them at say £20-£25......then they send it to an RFD near me which will cost me £25? I know the postage isn't included......but had no idea on the costs involved to support the free servicing and repairs that might be required. Cheers Angry.....I'm grateful
    Last edited by Silver Captain; 12-09-2015 at 10:40 PM.

Just buy 'the right' springer or pcp in the first place
    Most companies offering free servicing, it's bollocks anyway-
    Or get your new rifle tuned from new from someone who dloes it properly

V Mach, Simon the Airgun Doctor, John Bowkett etc. Then you'll have no hassle for years with your rifle ......unless you insist on buying an obscure pcp ......
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Silver Captain Guest
    Thanks for the response PCP, I'm looking to get the Daystate Wolverine B from The Airgun centre, they have a 35th anniversary offer on. It was the price that drew me with the added accessories but they offered life time service and repairs with parts and labour for as long as you own the gun. It was the whole posting and receiving of the rifle when you send it back to them I wasn't sure of as have never posted a rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Captain View Post
    So I send it to them at say £20-£25......then they send it to an RFD near me which will cost me £25? I know the postage isn't included......but had no idea on the costs involved to support the free servicing and repairs that might be required. Cheers Angry.....I'm grateful
    No,
    as I said above, once it's yours if you send it to them, they can RETURN it direct to you.

But the initial sale of a rifle must be f2f so WHEN YOU FIRST BUY IT they must send it to another RFD who then does the f2f with you, after that it is your property so can be RETURNED direct.

Silver Captain Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    No,
    as I said above, once it's yours if you send it to them, they can RETURN it direct to you.

But the initial sale of a rifle must be f2f so WHEN YOU FIRST BUY IT they must send it to another RFD who then does the f2f with you, after that it is your property so can be RETURNED direct.
    Ah....ok I'm with you now....thanks Angrybear, as you say still an expensive process, probably cost me
    less in fuel there and back.