Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th/6th September 2015 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Is this a Shetland pony based euphemism im not aware of?

All the very best

Baldy
    No Baldy mate, it's an entirely horseless celebration of a cold and wet November night when three or four Boingers snuggled into their (separate) sleeping bags, after a convivial campfire evening, to be very pleasantly surprised by warming hot water bottles and Kitcats. They'd been smuggled there by the very generous pyrotechnical expert Captain Bongo.

It takes considerable ingenuity and patience to boil enough water for several hot water bottles and to put them in place without discovery. The good Captain possesses these virtues in diamonds. They were boinging champagne moments!
    Last edited by slinger69; 05-07-2015 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Typos
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    No Baldy mate, it's an entirely horseless celebration of a cold and wet November night when three or four Boingers snuggled into their (separate) sleeping bags, after a convivial campfire evening, to be very pleasantly surprised by warming hot water bottles and Kitcats. They'd been smuggled there by the very generous pyrotechnical expert Captain Bongo.

It takes considerable ingenuity and patience to boil enough water for several hot water bottles and to put them in place without discovery. The good Captain possesses these virtues in diamonds. They were boinging champagne moments!

Carefully Gwyn --- what happens in the Hollow, stays in the Hollow.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Carefully Gwyn --- what happens in the Hollow, stays in the Hollow.

All the best Mick
    Thank'ee Mick, I'm zipped mate!
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I nearly have everything ready to go Tone, I just need to machine a lightweight top hat --- unfortunately I decided to mow the campsite and range this afternoon instead.

When I have a few more pictures I'll start a thread

All the best Mick
    Aha, I see Project TX (well, TX/LG/HW!) is underway!

Sounding excellent already and, no doubt, peachy sweet with a little more T20 tweakery!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Morning all.

Hope all my fellow boingermen are fine and dandy.

Looks like I might have me a little CZ Slavia 634 to play with soon.

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Put us down, cheque will be on it's way sometime between now and then.

Dave

Be great to see you again, Dave.

I MUST spend a little more time with you at the next one. The time always flies by all too quickly at The Bash.

If you take something like Beater Blockers and slow the heart rate down, would this make it seem like it lasts longer??

The Bash, I mean!!

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Be great to see you again, Dave.

I MUST spend a little more time with you at the next one. The time always flies by all too quickly at The Bash.

If you take something like Beater Blockers and slow the heart rate down, would this make it seem like it lasts longer??

The Bash, I mean!!
    Never thought of that Tone, slowing the heart down, do you think it would help me relax a bit while shooting at the damned bucket, managed to hit it once at the last bash and that was with the MKIII Daystate (pause to spit).

Cheers
    Mel

ps. where do you get beater blockers from?
    Last edited by Chippendale; 07-07-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Never thought of that Tone, slowing the heart down, do you think it would help me relax a bit while shooting at the damned bucket, managed to hit it once at the last bash and that was with the MKIII Daystate (pause pause to spit).

Cheers
    Mel

ps. where do you get beater blockers from?

You hit it with a Days----? What??? . Never mind, now you've hit it once, there'll be no stopping you!

So, those things could have a two-fold effect, eh? Making the wonderful experience last longer and aiding marksmanship too.

Wouldn't have a clue where to get 'em...no doubt prescription jobbie only and, as with most things, no doubt, some nasty side effects?

Just wish I could do a four day stint at The Bash.....heaven!

BOING !!

Well how quick these things come around all being well I'll be there, Clez will be there not sure about Springer Monkey, got holiday issues. Send cheque later when everyone can confirm.
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    HW 95 .22 AA S410K .177 FX Wildcat .22 HW30 .177 HW90 .25 FX Maverick2

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Cleary View Post
    Well how quick these things come around all being well I'll be there, Clez will be there not sure about Springer Monkey, got holiday issues. Send cheque later when everyone can confirm.

EXCELLENT !!

Be great to see you and the boy(s) again!

How's the foot doing?

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Cleary View Post
    Will swap first born son for a bottle of "product".... The last one is running a bit low...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Will swap first born son for a bottle of "product".... The last one is running a bit low...
    I had a mate of mine who reckons he could really drink, try "the product" --- after coughing a little he asked if I could dilute it for him with a little vodka.

Aaargh the dulcet tones of bango plucking by moonlight
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Aaargh the dulcet tones of bango plucking by moonlight
    Ah the Quigley Hollow theme tune :-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po

And on a clear night you can here a voice in the distance saying "Squeal like a Shetland boy"