Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th/6th September 2015 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Ah the Quigley Hollow theme tune :-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po

And on a clear night you can here a voice in the distance saying "Squeal like a Shetland boy"
    And.

If you look REALLY carefully, I'm sure that's Dave in the bushes in the background.......with a, with a
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Well, first of all the Mrs was working all weekend on the 5th/6th, non-negotiable, so for reasons of childcare - I was pretty much stuffed.

Now it turns out it's her Nanna's 90th birthday party on the 5th, and all of a sudden, it seems she probably can swap shifts to have the day off after all!

So me being logical and all, said great! You and the kids will be at Nanna's party, and I'll be off shooting then!

Seems the male mind works somewhat differently to the female. So me and my black eye will be sleeping in the shed until further notice, and I'll hopefully see you all on the Saturday!

Yep, peculiar things indeed, them ladies!

Can't live with 'em; can't live without them! (Well, the latter' somewhat debatable!).

Anyway, I wear the trousers at my house!

Although she tells me which ones!

Hope you recover quickly from your beating, young Phil.

Wish I had a little man shed to go hide in!

See you on the 5th matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Well, first of all the Mrs was working all weekend on the 5th/6th, non-negotiable, so for reasons of childcare - I was pretty much stuffed.

Now it turns out it's her Nanna's 90th birthday party on the 5th, and all of a sudden, it seems she probably can swap shifts to have the day off after all!

So me being logical and all, said great! You and the kids will be at Nanna's party, and I'll be off shooting then!

Seems the male mind works somewhat differently to the female. So me and my black eye will be sleeping in the shed until further notice, and I'll hopefully see you all on the Saturday!
    Aint you lucky your cs1000 isn't here yet as you would'nt be able to sit with that stuck where the sun does'nt shine
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Aint you lucky your cs1000 isn't here yet as you would'nt be able to sit with that stuck where the sun does'nt shine
    Oh, it's arrived Joff http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/u...psgdko5vvt.jpg

I'm still hurting from how much it cost... that and the imaginary black eye.

ooooh it looks a nice piece of wood .....is it coming to the bash with you ? ......only if you're allowed

And that is ABSOLUTELY LOVELY young Phil!

Any pain will be short lived and inconsequential!

I can see it improving the manners of the rifle even more and the deep forend section will really come into its own when adopting the FT overarm position. Nice one!

Could I have a go with it, please?

Late and brief visit tonight.

We had to be at the Sheffield Childrens Hospital this afternoon.

And I was due to collect the little CZ Slavia 634 from Mr Greengrass this evening.

So, in between the two, the wife suggested a visit to the Meadowhall (Murderhell!!) Shopping Centre! What a lovely place; not!

Anyway, sort of on the way to Mr Greengrass's abode, is Wentworth, where Steve Thornley lived, of Kestock Conversions fame. So we went via the village and paid our respects to Steve. The churchyard there is such a lovely, peaceful place to be and an apt resting place for the fine man.

Then onto collect the CZ....what a nice chap. Gun in very good condition and totally as described. And a bargain at just £70. Jeez, you can pay much more than that for some right old tat!

Got home about 8.45, walked and fed Brem and had tea.

The CZ, as expected, going by looks and background, sort of hints at being a cross of refined Relum, Original 45, maybe a tiny hint of FWB Sport and the finger grooves in the forend sort of shout out HW35 too. Lovely little manual breech latch and the reach to pull is PERFECT. Thought I'd just put a couple of shots through it to see what the firing cycle is like as light was fading. Couldn't sight in, as the rifle still has scope mounts on and I couldn't line the opens up properly.

TWANG!! Yep, it twangs like a good 'un; a proper full monte BOING!! No worse than many standard guns and reminded me very much of the Original 45 but with a much milder firing cycle.

Will run it over the chrono at first opportunity and will get some Stripdown info, as I've never even seen one of these before, let alone work on one.

Once de-twanged, I can see this being a keeper. Over the last few years I have bought one or two guns as "farmyard" type thingies, you know, something that you'll still look after but not get too precious over. But their shortcomings made me decide that I didn't want to either keep or try and improve them, they being a Crosman Phantom and a Brummie Lightning....both nice condition and bought at the right money, but not ones to keep.

I think the CZ will do just fine and I can see a Tinbum guide and top hat being slotted in soon.

Will report with further updates......

A very pronounced BOING !!

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    ooooh it looks a nice piece of wood .....is it coming to the bash with you ? ......only if you're allowed
    Cheers Joffy, It's only their most basic slice of walnut, but it does seem to have straight grain (which is good for strength?)...

Wish I could MAKE my own stocks like you do! Maybe one day...

Looks good for us (me & the gun) to be there for the Saturday Might head up Friday evening, & sleep under a bush.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And that is ABSOLUTELY LOVELY young Phil!

Any pain will be short lived and inconsequential!

I can see it improving the manners of the rifle even more and the deep forend section will really come into its own when adopting the FT overarm position. Nice one!

Thanks Tone, The Mrs is actually fine about me going shooting, and I'm sure Nanna will have plenty of other birthdays

Yep, the gun feels good, from a little standing practice @ 6 yards at home. I think it'll handle well as a target rifle. The action still goes off with a hell of a crack (like a British Airways stewardess), but it don't move much

The sleepometer reads 58.

Getting closer...slowly.

BOING !!

Looks good for us (me & the gun) to be there for the Saturday Might head up Friday evening, & sleep under a bush.

)
    Phil, there's space in my tent if required & you're most welcome.
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    I can bring a spare tent for Phil. Your snoring can be heard across three fields..

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    I can bring a spare tent for Phil. Your snoring can be heard across three fields..
    That might've been me farting

that would be very snug, have you seen the size of Gwyn's tent Phil? put it this way, it ain't no 6 man

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Thank you gents, that's very kind

Thing is, I'm averse to bad weather and worms. And bears

On reflection, if I can get up there Friday daytime, I'm better booking a B&B for the Friday night, and could make my usual 2 days of it

I'll have to see what I can see

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sorry Tone, I forgot to respond to that ^^^^ bit of your message. Of course you can, I'd be honoured