Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1009

Thread: 5th/6th September 2015 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    I am stealing my mums caravan (AKA, The Clubhouse) for the November event but I am seriously thinking about getting a big van. I would love one as a project.

Remember people, through the clubhouse toilet we shall pass no solids!
    Well i know of just such a van, it was parked very close to your tent perfect conversion waiting to happen! Never carried anything heavy, never ranted just poodled over Europe and the south west of England.
    Coincidentally, she's going on the market next week, maybe the following if I can bring myself to part with her? I've had the new van since February but just can't find enough reason to sell her.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    It could have been worse Tone --- Paul could have said "erect and shoot in an instant".
    You guys are Bad !! All I'm trying to do is get the right erection for Bashing, shoot in the right direction, get hole on hole accuracy and be able to come on The Hollow a second time in a row and what do you do ? Turn it into some kinda filth tch tch tch.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Doyle View Post
    You guys are Bad !! All I'm trying to do is get the right erection for Bashing, shoot in the right direction, get hole on hole accuracy and be able to come on The Hollow a second time in a row and what do you do ? Turn it into some kinda filth tch tch tch.
    Ooo-er!

And you say WE'RE bad?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

You're all very naughty (I would never use such innuendo*). Go and stand in the corner!

MM BBQ today so I was giving my targets a quick spray up for the plinking range. My "fluorescent yellow" rattle can is nearly empty, no bad thing as it's a nasty thin paint, so with the nights drawing in it'll soon be time to reinstate my IllumiRange ...

...so I find myself wanting some of that delightfully bright Fluoro Orange that Mick had, can you remember the manufacturer/colour code Mick? Or any other recommendations from the members*.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    You're all very naughty (I would never use such innuendo*). Go and stand in the corner!

MM BBQ today so I was giving my targets a quick spray up for the plinking range. My "fluorescent yellow" rattle can is nearly empty, no bad thing as it's a nasty thin paint, so with the nights drawing in it'll soon be time to reinstate my IllumiRange ...

...so I find myself wanting some of that delightfully bright Fluoro Orange that Mick had, can you remember the manufacturer/colour code Mick? Or any other recommendations from the members*.
    That was me who donated those the bash before last, the cans came from Lidl but we're clearance items so you'd have to wait till they got them in again.
    Halford do small expensive versions but don't forget to put on a white base coat so that you get max fluorescence.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

I have a full tin here if you want it Nick, you're also welcome to borrow whatever targets you like --- even the bucket.

The Flouro Orange just sat on the shelf at the local motor factors, for best effect I use fast drying white primer first.

Edit :-

Holts paint code FP12C Flour Orange.

PM sent -

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 12-09-2015 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    That was me who donated those the bash before last, the cans came from Lidl but we're clearance items so you'd have to wait till they got them in again.
    Halford do small expensive versions but don't forget to put on a white base coat so that you get max fluorescence.

Cheers

John
    Hi John

The really bright Flouro stuff was bought from a local motor factors but I did use yours elsewhere.

Anyway what are you doing on here I thought you were giving your daughter away today ?

ATB Mick

Hi John

The really bright Flouro stuff was bought from a local motor factors but I did use yours elsewhere.

Anyway what are you doing on here I thought you were giving your daughter away today ?

ATB Mick

Forgot to say John

The paint from Lidl is cellulose based so I have to be careful where I use it as it reacts with the Synthetic based paints I use --- just a heads up for anyone else buying it.

All the best Mick

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    ...don't forget to put on a white base coat so that you get max fluorescence.
    ...you're also welcome to borrow whatever targets you like --- even the bucket.

Flouro Orange ... for best effect I use fast drying white primer first.
    Thanks for the info & offers gents, much appreciated.

As for borrowing the The Bucket, waaay too much responsibility, instant life ban if it got damaged! Although I'd imagine you'd something bigger than .177 to do that, its even impervious to the calibre-dinosaur's favourite .22 .

Must nearly be time to start the thread for the Bonfire Bash? Cheque is ready and waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Just twiddle the little bugger's scope turrets each night while he's snoozing away!

Then convince him the next day that it's the changeable wind conditions, down to the legendary November Hollow Howlers!

Should confuse him for all of five minutes!
    Good idea in theory tone, but its my rifles he's shooting and I have a hard enough time hitting the broad side of a barn as it is mate need to think of another way to stitch him up perhaps if I just re zero one milldot out and don't tell him lol.

Atvb

Baldy

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Forgot to say John

The paint from Lidl is cellulose based so I have to be careful where I use it as it reacts with the Synthetic based paints I use --- just a heads up for anyone else buying it.

All the best Mick
    Thanks Mick, a bit of a surprise for a German company to still be selling cellulose these days. I used to prefer cellulose paint as it usually gives a good finish straight from the spray gun, no need to use cutting compound and a polisher to get an acceptable shine.
    But I did start spraying in 1976.

Cheers

John
    Last edited by Snooper601; 12-09-2015 at 11:36 PM.
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    How are all my fellow Boingerpeeps doing?
    Spent all day at Fieldshott my local range, with my Pope fully fettled TX Mk1. With the loading port now extended rearwards by 15mm, I didn't lose a single pellet, had a one hole group of 4 at 30 yards and hit the 62 yd golfballs several times. Dam me, I was so pleased I kissed the Missus when I got home!.

Also took my HW 57.........which jammed & wouldn't cock. I think its the engineering plastic thingy that forces the loading port up....should be easy to fix I'm thinking tra la.
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Spent all day at Fieldshott my local range, with my Pope fully fettled TX Mk1. With the loading port now extended rearwards by 15mm, I didn't lose a single pellet, had a one hole group of 4 at 30 yards and hit the 62 yd golfballs several times. Dam me, I was so pleased I kissed the Missus when I got home!.

Also took my HW 57.........which jammed & wouldn't cock. I think its the engineering plastic thingy that forces the loading port up....should be easy to fix I'm thinking tra la.
    england1....germany0
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Fancy shootin' Gwyn.

I must say, I didn't find enough time to have a shoot with Joffy this time around, and that I missed handling the nice looking new stock project.

I did though enjoy the lunch, with many thanks.

Next time, Highlander!

Must nearly be time to start the thread for the Bonfire Bash? Cheque is ready and waiting...
    I think its coming soon