Thread: My HW45 was dry fired 3 times... How bad is this?

My HW45 was dry fired 3 times... How bad is this?

My friend came to visit last night and i was letting him shoot some of my guns.. To cut a long story short, he ended up dry firing my HW45 because he didnt know he shouldn't.

The first time it made a loud bang and smoked, so he did it again to repeat the effect..

Realistically how much harm has been done.. I know this is a no-no, but is there a chance it did no harm? It still seems to fire OK, so i am hopeful.

Assuming its done some damage whats the worst case?

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Jweaver View Post
    My friend came to visit last night and i was letting him shoot some of my guns.. To cut a long story short, he ended up dry firing my HW45 because he didnt know he shouldn't.

The first time it made a loud bang and smoked, so he did it again to repeat the effect..

Realistically how much harm has been done.. I know this is a no-no, but is there a chance it did no harm? It still seems to fire OK, so i am hopeful.

Assuming its done some damage whats the worst case?

Jon
    Probably buggered now. I'll have it off you and will send you a half eaten mars bar in return for postage

Not to worry, shouldn't have damaged it at all.
    It's actually recommended to dry fire a new HW45 to set the Teflon seals.
    But don't make a habit of it.
    Last edited by ejackyou; 27-06-2015 at 12:12 AM.
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Seeing as its an HW45 then it probably dieselled anyway so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it