Thread: Hatsan mod25. Access to spring?

Hatsan mod25. Access to spring?

Ive had a Mod 25 for three years without any maintenance done to it. I expect I should give the spring a spot of oil or grease, not forgetting linkages, but haven't a clue how to get at it! Anyone been inside one to give a bit of TLC. With it being semi recoilless, barrel and piston on a rail. I don't want to start unscrewing things without knowing i'm not going to have things bounce out and across the room etc. Its a good shooter by the way. Thanks in advance. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Sorry I can't help more but chambers spares website has a good schematic drawing of the 25. Doesn't look too bad. Good luck, I really fancy one of these myself.

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Sorry I can't help more but chambers spares website has a good schematic drawing of the 25. Doesn't look too bad. Good luck, I really fancy one of these myself.
    Thanks countryboy. I'll have a look. If you do get one. I would suggest giving it a while for the trigger to ease up. Its stiff when new. As its spring gets broken in, it's cockable without the cocking aid because the sight shroud protects the hand under downward pressure. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

This one -

http://www.hatsan.com.tr/en_mod_25.html

That is, close to the (modern) Webley Typhoon?

From memory, the two obvious screws at the front (which screw into brackets attached to the air cylinder) and a third underneath, at the back, which screws up into the cylinder end cap/guide rod.

The upper and lower halves of the plastic grip don't need to be separated, just wangle the action out with the trigger mechanism still attached. A pin passes through the trigger mechanism near the front of its plastic housing to hold it in place; remove that and it can then be slid forward to detach it from the air cylinder. This pin also helps to hold the cocking linkage in place.

The rearsight is mounted on a plastic sleeve covering the rear of the air cylinder, that will just slide off after which the cross pin holding the end cap - a plastic moulding with a guide rod integral to it. It has steel nut set into it for the rear frame retaining screw - watch which way it goes back in when reassembling.

I think.

Iain

Quote Originally Posted by Iain K D View Post
    This one -

http://www.hatsan.com.tr/en_mod_25.html

That is, close to the (modern) Webley Typhoon?

From memory, the two obvious screws at the front (which screw into brackets attached to the air cylinder) and a third underneath, at the back, which screws up into the cylinder end cap/guide rod.

The upper and lower halves of the plastic grip don't need to be separated, just wangle the action out with the trigger mechanism still attached. A pin passes through the trigger mechanism near the front of its plastic housing to hold it in place; remove that and it can then be slid forward to detach it from the air cylinder. This pin also helps to hold the cocking linkage in place.

The rearsight is mounted on a plastic sleeve covering the rear of the air cylinder, that will just slide off after which the cross pin holding the end cap - a plastic moulding with a guide rod integral to it. It has steel nut set into it for the rear frame retaining screw - watch which way it goes back in when reassembling.

I think.

Iain
    That's the one Iain. Could be wrong, but I think it could be the Typhoon under different name (it does have different front sight though). Anyway thanks for the info. Appreciate it. ATB. Pete.