Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boinger Bash Latest News

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Sorry about that, but I have to say that Tony's original 43 pages of text was a pleasure to edit.

He's keen, our Tone.
    Keener than a boingy thing, El Tel!

At first I thought I'd struggle to achieve the work count but then, as usual, I sorta got a bit carried away.

Thanks so much for the opportunity again, Terry.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Went out and bought what I thought was the latest issue, only to find that it's not in July's it must be the August edition, doh
    Daft lad!!

Never mind, at least you can absorb last month's excellent content before you get the Bash Issue!

You really ought to get it all the time, Dave.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    ..then the penny dropped when I saw the caption on the photo with the Predator-- I'd recognise that ponytail anywhere.
    Oh NO, didn't realise that Neil had slipped the photo of me and The Pred in there!

Neil!!

The ponytail is for Trumpetier's benefit, just in case he's missing the girls!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Bloody typical.

There's an article in Airgunworld about the Boinger Bash, and Mrs Shembi at the Quigley Hollow corner shop doesn't have it on the shelf.

I've even ventured into the big city (Nuneaton) in search of a copy to no avail.

When I do eventually find a copy Tone, I expect your article to be nothing less than a cross between War and Peace and Fifty Shades of Grey --- no pressure.

I just hope you've pointed out that the thing that's made the Boinger Bash a success each time has been the great folks who show up.

All the best Mick
    Absolutely, young Michael.
    It's the people that make it so special.

I normally get my copy on my Wednesday off.....might have to nip to Murderhell WH Smith on the way home tomorrow instead....

Nipped over to Quigley Hollow this afternoon invited into Mick's workshop to see the project tx is in it's infancy it should be an interesting one. left Mick mumbling sleave it stroke it?

Big Bill
    BOINGING ALONG,SINGING A SONG AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BEAUTIFUL BRINEY SEA

Quote Originally Posted by purl View Post
    Nipped over to Quigley Hollow this afternoon invited into Mick's workshop to see the project tx is in it's infancy it should be an interesting one. left Mick mumbling sleave it stroke it?
    Hope you're keeping well, young sir.

TX...erm, erm.......sleeve it, methinks!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

I normally get my copy on my Wednesday off.....might have to nip to Murderhell WH Smith on the way home tomorrow instead....
    FAR too frantic a day at work again. Late finish, mental traffic (there seems to be loads of roadworks in and around Sheffield at the moment) and totally knackered, so didn't get there.

Looks like it'll be Wednesday, then.

Hi Tony,

What a great review of what sounds like a fantastic couple of days. Your enthusiasm for springers and our sport in general came across as contagious.

I enjoyed reading your report of the bash and the origins of the Quigley name, being a fan of both the film and vintage Quigley bucket shooting!

John

Which issue of the Airgun world is it

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Which issue of the Airgun world is it
    The Summer issue.

Might be a silly question but which monthly issue I've just bought July and it ain't in

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Might be a silly question but which monthly issue I've just bought July and it ain't in
    It's not a silly question at all. The publishers decided to publish 13 issues a year, and slotted the extra, Summer, issue between July and August.

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    It's not a silly question at all. The publishers decided to publish 13 issues a year, and slotted the extra, Summer, issue between July and August.
    Thanks for that don't normally buy these comics but seeing as I went I'd have a look
    Cheers Ray
    Last edited by transporter; 30-06-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Thumbs up

them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Fifty Shades of Grey
    That does sound like the senior's end of the shooting bench Mick!