Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Boinger Bash Latest News

Ew, shame to see Maz got himself banned from here (silly bugger).

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Agreed. Enthusiasm for, and knowledge of, his subject, plus an ability to project both through the written word, make Tony a natural contributor for any magazine. He's welcome in Airgun World whenever he feels inspired to share his love of springers.

The Boinger Bash article has already generated enough responses to fill the letters pages, so our Tone's a bit of a hit with the readers. They liked the subject, too, so take a bow you Boinger folk!
    Very flattering, thank you!!

To be able to do a write-up on this very special thing that we've gone and started, and to have it appear on the same hallowed pages as my favourite writers feels me with such pride.

And the inspiration came so easily from the very special people that make up The Boingermen of Quigley Hollow.

Thanks all.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    He's welcome in Airgun World whenever he feels inspired to share his love of springers.
    Are you sure that you know what you'd be letting yourelf in for, Terry??

After all, you know what it's like when Zebedee gots boinging along in full flow.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Well done Tony, I have just finished reading your article, and you have captured the atmosphere of the bash exactly, very well done mate.
    Thanks, Nick.

Glad you enjoyed.

And it's so nice knowing that many more potential Boingermen now know about our meets.

As above, the fantastic goodwill and genuine passion of The Boingerpeeps make it such an easy thing to get excited about and report.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Ew, shame to see Maz got himself banned from here (silly bugger).
    Er, what's he gone and done?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Wah-hey! Finally got myself a copy this evening!

Does 'clogger' know he's the leading man in the first photo?? (I'll email him!).

Well done Tone, you really did us proud.

Read the article while I was a-walking the dogs, so now I can read it again properly!

Fantastic. I'm 'made up' for you Antonio! (and for us all).
    Excellent!

Cheers, Phil.

Glad you enjoyed and hope you think it does our little event justice. You're one of many special peeps that make these events the fantastic meets that they are.

Have you e-mailed Clogger yet?? He'll be made up!

Bloody he'll Antonio

Mrs Shembi at Quigley Hollow stores just came through with a copy of Airgun/TonyL World --- I'm a bit gobsmacked to say the least, well done mate.

I must remember to give my valeter a stiff talking to after looking at the pictures of my Rangy interior.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Bloody he'll Antonio

Mrs Shembi at Quigley Hollow stores just came through with a copy of Airgun/TonyL World --- I'm a bit gobsmacked to say the least, well done mate.

I must remember to give my valeter a stiff talking to after looking at the pictures of my Rangy interior.

All the best Mick
    Thanks Uncle Mick.

Could not have happened without you. No Bash...no special event...no opportunity to unleash my random BOINGY ramblings onto the poor old readership!

And....if you like it that much, how about we move down there? You could give me a job cleaning your Range Rover, keeping The Hollow in good fettle, feeding your ferrets etc etc.

In fact, if you ask me REALLY nicely I'd even consider being your target tester!!!

You'd have to move them a little closer, mind!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Er, what's he gone and done?
    I'll PM ya Tone...

Excellent!

Cheers, Phil.

Glad you enjoyed and hope you think it does our little event justice. You're one of many special peeps that make these events the fantastic meets that they are.

Have you e-mailed Clogger yet?? He'll be made up!
    I tipped him the wink Tone, and he was rather excited!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Bloody he'll Antonio

All the best Mick
    That's 'Shabby Chic' is it Mick?

Brilliant article, Tone - we were made up to see our little girls name in print before her first birthday
    And I must say that FTS suits me down to the ground

Great work by all again on another great edition.

Cheers, Craig and Sarah.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Micks classic is the first one i've seen without the 'lean'
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Hi Tony,

An idea for a future article maybe is a report on a Quigley style shoot? I'd be interested in how your events compare to the ones we hold in Basingstoke and Bisley.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Brilliant article, Tone - we were made up to see our little girls name in print before her first birthday
    And I must say that FTS suits me down to the ground

Great work by all again on another great edition.

Cheers, Craig and Sarah.
    Evening you lovely peeps.

Glad you liked it.

There might just be another one coming soon.......

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Tony,

An idea for a future article maybe is a report on a Quigley style shoot? I'd be interested in how your events compare to the ones we hold in Basingstoke and Bisley.

Kind regards,

John
    Tell me more, John.

Tell me more, John.
    Hi Tony,

We hold a long range evening at Bisley once a year which involves shooting a replica wooden bucket at 60 yards in the manner of Matthew Quigley. If it's hit, an electronic circuit is made and you hear a quote from the film. Each shooter is allowed between 3 and 5 shots from the standing unsupported position. Vintage pre 1939 boingers only and either open or aperture sights are fine. Long cylindered BSA CS models from the 1920s are popular as they have a nice flat trajectory.

The same shoot also involves shooting at a bowler hat at 80 yards, which we call the Bonehill Challenge. Same rules as above and not many have managed to hit this one.

This year we're also including a Hathcock Challenge for the first time. This will be shot at a replica scope body mounted to an old stock at 25 yards with open sights. The intention is to shoot down the scope in the manner of Carlos Hathcock's well documented shot in Vietnam. Plenty have hit this in practice but we'll see how many manage it on the night.

I can't remember the date this years's shoot is being held but it is a Wednesday evening towards mid/end July. You would be very welcome to attend but I appreciate it is a bit of a journey.

Kind regards,

John