Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Boinger Bash Latest News

Thanks for this, John.
    I seem to remember reading about the Bonehill Challenge in the magazine?

Is the bucket for the vintage, open sighted guns full size, then?

Mick's bucket is, obviously, a very scaled down version and gives off a "whoop" when hit.

I'd love to make the pilgrimage to Bisley one day. I think it's a must for any fan. Doubtful I'd be able to make the journey in the immediate future, though.

In a few weeks time, I'll be taking my holidays from work. We normally drive to Italy, but won't be doing so this year. As an idea for a day out I sort of planted a seed with the Mrs, telling her that I'd love to come to Bisley and that we could maybe combine such a visit with a day out for the kids. So, what places fairly close to Bisley are worthy of a visit so I can try and sell her the idea a little further?

Would you fancy coming along to a Bash at Mick's at some point? You and your vintage and classic guns would be more than welcome. We've had a few lovely old rifles come visit us to date, but the more the merrier. Do you shoot the modern stuff, too?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hi Tony,

Bisley is not that far from London nor Windsor or even the South Coast, although the latter is a bit of a drive away. If you enjoy walking, there are quite a few in the vicinity including a scenic canal. Great idea to visit the place - it is steeped in history. The NRA museum on site is worth visiting but only open on Tuesday and Fridays (run by volunteers). Probably worth combining a visit with an arms fair (next one is the Trafalgar in October and the Classic on the last Sunday in October. Or if visiting during a weekday, remember to look up the vintage section on a Wednesday evening. You'll be made very welcome.

Our Quigley target is a wooden replica, around 4 inches tall by 3 inches wide from memory. We usually place it in front of a white background to help with sight acquisition as otherwise it becomes invisible. You never know, Jo and I may well land on you as the bash certainly sounds like a journey well worth making. We both used to shoot HFT and FT but tend to just shoot oldies these days. BFTO also hold vintage HFT events, which is good fun.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Tony,

Bisley is not that far from London nor Windsor or even the South Coast, although the latter is a bit of a drive away. If you enjoy walking, there are quite a few in the vicinity including a scenic canal. Great idea to visit the place - it is steeped in history. The NRA museum on site is worth visiting but only open on Tuesday and Fridays (run by volunteers). Probably worth combining a visit with an arms fair (next one is the Trafalgar in October and the Classic on the last Sunday in October. Or if visiting during a weekday, remember to look up the vintage section on a Wednesday evening. You'll be made very welcome.

Our Quigley target is a wooden replica, around 4 inches tall by 3 inches wide from memory. We usually place it in front of a white background to help with sight acquisition as otherwise it becomes invisible. You never know, Jo and I may well land on you as the bash certainly sounds like a journey well worth making. We both used to shoot HFT and FT but tend to just shoot oldies these days. BFTO also hold vintage HFT events, which is good fun.

Kind regards,

John
    So, 60 yards and a target measuring 4"x3" with a vintage rifle and open sights! I bet that's great fun and a good challenge, especially in a competition environment.

I'll keep dropping hints with the Mrs...bearing in mind that she hates guns , so would have to try and find non gun related things for her and the kids to do.

It'll be brilliant to see you at The Bash if you can do.

EdBear recently brought a bell target rig for is to play with. Maybe we could have more of an open sight play zone??
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    So, 60 yards and a target measuring 4"x3" with a vintage rifle and open sights! I bet that's great fun and a good challenge, especially in a competition environment.

I'll keep dropping hints with the Mrs...bearing in mind that she hates guns , so would have to try and find non gun related things for her and the kids to do.

It'll be brilliant to see you at The Bash if you can do.

EdBear recently brought a bell target rig for is to play with. Maybe we could have more of an open sight play zone??
    As john says, Windsor is just up the road from Bisley, and if it's kids' entertainment your want, then Thorpe Park is just 20 minutes from Bisley, too, and Lego Land is just outside Windsor. Drop the good lady wife and kids off at the venue of their choice, then come to Bizzers until you get the call to pick 'em up. Sorted!
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    As john says, Windsor is just up the road from Bisley, and if it's kids' entertainment your want, then Thorpe Park is just 20 minutes from Bisley, too, and Lego Land is just outside Windsor. Drop the good lady wife and kids off at the venue of their choice, then come to Bizzers until you get the call to pick 'em up. Sorted!
    We'll see what can be sorted......

The little gits went to Lego Land last year, on our way to France. I think they might be up for it again. Thorpe Park maybe a no, no, following recent Alton Towers tragedy.

Anything else relatively close by?

Funnily enough, the youngest one (10) would very possibly want to come with me...He's already got his own rifle, a little Diana 24D, obviously in my custody. And just a few weeks ago he muttered something about when he might be big enough to come shooting with me. Must pull it out of the cabinet and see how it suits him size-wise now.

But we're both up against our Fun Prevention Officer!

Well, you know how Terry had said that I'd be doing another article?

Just finished it tonight, piccies sorted etc., and the little 24D makes an appearance!

Also featuring one of Tinbum's all time favourites.

Look forward to reading it mate

Atvb

Baldy

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Well, you know how Terry had said that I'd be doing another article?

Just finished it tonight, piccies sorted etc., and the little 24D makes an appearance!

Also featuring one of Tinbum's all time favourites.
    A transvestite?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    A transvestite?
    Pretty warm!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    A transvestite?
    You've got your finger on the pulse there Phil, I beleive there may also be onanism & frotteurism in the North.
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I must remember to give my valeter a stiff talking to after looking at the pictures of my Rangy interior.

All the best Mick
    I've never actually "seen" the interior... presumably it's under there somewhere....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I think it adds character, Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    I've never actually "seen" the interior... presumably it's under there somewhere....
    I like to think it has that lived in look about it Jon

I took it to a car show once and got a right bollocking for my trouble --- mind it was the Range Rover thirtieth birthday party at Gaydon.

As far as I know mine's still the oldest Range Rover in daily use.

All the best Mick