Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharp Innova

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent

Sharp Innova

Just been doing up a MK 1 and MK 2. The latter is currently on loan with a friend. This is the MK 1 which I am really pleased with. The stock had been cut very short by a prior owner and the seals were all mucked up.

With the help of Mattyboy (top man who sorted mechanism) and Jay (excellent engineer) who made silencer adaptor the rifle is ready to use.

Just ordered Leapers 2-7 x 30 from our sponsor to go on top then it's off to meet the rabbits. 5 pumps = 10.5 fpe and then the valve cuts in.

I know some people love them and some think they are anachronistic ... nonetheless I like it a lot and wanted to share.

Cheers for looking.

Steve
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Good job,was the stock defiantly cut down i remember some MK1's being short from new & no butt pad fitted?

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    Good job,was the stock defiantly cut down i remember some MK1's being short from new & no butt pad fitted?
    That's interesting... It was considerably shorter than the MK 2 and had at some point lost its butt pad but there were screw holes and traces of old glue.
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Beagle View Post
    The stock had been cut very short by a prior owner
    Don't be so sure of that - I had to fit a 1" pad to mine, so my thumb wasn't up my nose when shooting. One of my two all-time favourite hunting rifles - wish I still had mine...

I took my username from my all time favourite gun. In fact I still have it

Just gotta say that Jay's replacement muzzle with silencer adaptor is a work of genius. What a great design, what an engineer !

I would love to get my hands on an Innova. I remember drooling over a highly modified one, must have been 20 odd years ago. After a lay off after my teens, went to buy one 10+ years ago not realising they had stopped making them and ended up with a ratcatcher as a compromise. The Crosman didn't rekindle my interest and languished in the wardrobe. I'm determined to get back into it again although I'm nostalgic for a quality underlever I can tinker with, but I will always fancy having an Innova...I am going to see if I can find that modified one on tinternet now.....

Just found the beauty. I hadn't remembered it was a Venom bullpup from mid 80's, so must have been nearer 30 years ago. I'm new to the forum but having spent a few evenings following the threads, it doesn't surprise me that the picture originated from BBS, from a thread in 2013. It was suggested that it was bought for £250, and seems like a bargain to me.......Mustn't run before I can walk, got to get started again before I start on the dream collection.

Me and the lads, had quite a few innova's back in the day. Plus a couple of ace's, and just the one victroy, not many of them made i think!! my own personal favorite was a custom one, a venom viper, in .177. that was my go to gun for rabbiting

B.A.R. had a s/h Venom Innova last time I was over. http://www.airgunbuyer.com/makeBig.asp?ID=5858&pic=0
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

That's nice. Looks much more purposeful with the custom stock and silencer. It does suit a bullpup configuration though. Not able to post attachments but the venom bullpup would be the one for me.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Innova-Bullpup

Thumbs up

i've always liked the innova ever since my brother had one when we were in our teens .......gawd seems like 30 odd years ago now using a hw77 stock used to be an early trick ....just been looking at a webley rebels that bar have for £99 in .177 only
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

I'm not familiar with the Rebel. It looks very similar and sounds like it could be a fun alternative. I don't like the synthetic stock but wouldn't be too difficult to make up some nice wood to go on it. Thanks for the heads up, one to add to my list too.

Don't go near a Rebel. I tried that and it's a waste of time money and heartache.

What were the issues with the Rebel?