Thread: Gamo air pistol

Gamo air pistol

Hi all this is my first post and wondered if anyone can tell me about this air gun.Owned it for maybe 25 years and sat in a draw for about 24 of them. http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...psjkodzs1l.jpg
    http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...psne0jw7ln.jpg

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Looks like a center - in fact, I think it's a falcon - it's slightly cheaper (different grips) stablemate.

I had a center for years, in fact, it was the gun I learned to shoot with. I recently bought one to replace it. Actually very nice, underated IMHO. A bit low powered, but fairly accurate, decent sights and nice to shoot.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Falcon

That's indeed a Gamo Falcon. First sold in 1983, made until (I think) the mid-late 90s.

I have one, and don't much like it, to be honest. The action's fine but the grip is for an orang-utan, which I am not. The older Center is much better in that respect.

Lots of other people have them and do like them, so I'm in the minority. A perfectly decent plinker, to be fair to it, and better made than a lot of its competitors. Mine is about the same age as yours, and still goes bang and shoots decent groups despite years of sitting ignored in a cupboard.

I like it I used to look at them in the ironmonger's shop window. The rearsight wheel with those white markings reminds me of a Paratrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Looks like a center - in fact, I think it's a falcon - it's slightly cheaper (different grips) stablemate.

I had a center for years, in fact, it was the gun I learned to shoot with. I recently bought one to replace it. Actually very nice, underated IMHO. A bit low powered, but fairly accurate, decent sights and nice to shoot.

Agree with that Jon. I bought a Centre new in 1975 and still had it in 2008 but not 2010 so had it for quite a while and enjoyed using it. Can't hit a barn door with a pistol nowadays unless I use it as a door knocker!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

As above. Here's a contemporary ad (1990) showing the Gamo pistol range.

My mate had one, we used sneak out to shoot sparrows & starlings during school dinnertime down at the local allotments, it knocked spots off my SP50. Then I got a .22 Scorpion & the tables were turned on the power front, but the Centre was always more accurate, & a fair bit easier to hide under a school blazer than that BSA lump.

Nice Ad Mr Wheels

Ah, happy days Oliver! Imagine what would likely occur if a schoolboy tried the same thing these days.....
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Ah, happy days Oliver! Imagine what would likely occur if a schoolboy tried the same thing these days.....
    Armed Police, commands to "Get on the ground, get on the ground now!"
    Hovering helicopter.
    Something like that.