Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Paradigm

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Webley Paradigm

Thought this would be a good place to ask about more info on these.....

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...pszbrcfldn.jpg
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Never got built in other than prototype numbers, at least in this country. Design sold to the Chinese, but seemingly not yet used. Its story all tied up with the sad story of the woes of later Webley. Do a search on here and there are a number of threads.

Is this one yours?

If you enter 'Webley Paradigm' in the search box, you will find several threads on the Paradigm which should give you most available information.

I am sure there was a video of the cocking stroke/method. I seem to recall that the cocking lever looked a little too flexible but I still wanted one because I am a silly sod. Try youtube it may still be floating around.

Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I am sure there was a video of the cocking stroke/method. I seem to recall that the cocking lever looked a little too flexible but I still wanted one because I am a silly sod. Try youtube it may still be floating around.

Rich
    Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VkmHk6RwUA

Matt
    My Club: http://www.wendoverarc.co.uk
    Rifles: Air Arms S400 - Air Arms TX200HC - Webley MkII Service Rifle - BSA Imp Model D
    Pistols: Webley Seniors - Webley Juniors - Beretta 92FS - Cobra Crossbow

Thanks guys, I guess it's a pretty rare rifle then? Can't say I've noticed it flexing when cocking and I'm usually the one to discover that sort of thing!
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Looking at the vid again it looks to me like, as the cocking effort rises, the lever flexes a little left/right whilst resisting being pushed down. It could of course be the whole rifle moving due to the effort required?

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Looking at the vid again it looks to me like, as the cocking effort rises, the lever flexes a little left/right whilst resisting being pushed down. It could of course be the whole rifle moving due to the effort required?
    It's the whole rifle, the chances of bending the lever with a scarf bar are slim to none.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Rare? I'll say. That must be a prototype or very rare early production. Cannot have been More than a dozen made.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    Thanks guys, I guess it's a pretty rare rifle then? Can't say I've noticed it flexing when cocking and I'm usually the one to discover that sort of thing!

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Rare? I'll say. That must be a prototype or very rare early production. Cannot have been More than a dozen made.
    I think there were less than that made, Ollie, possibly 5.
    I believe Webley still have one, and as far as I know the rest were returned to the manufacturer.

I seem to remember that no one has ever shot anything with one. The noise they made when being cocked scared the wildlife for miles around!!

There was a video on the Airgun Shooter website at the time.

Webley Paradime

Quote Originally Posted by graham hudson View Post
    I seem to remember that no one has ever shot anything with one. The noise they made when being cocked scared the wildlife for miles around!!

There was a video on the Airgun Shooter website at the time.
    I'm on holiday and don't get back till Saturday but I have a prototype and can send pi s if you email.me.
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Quig View Post
    I'm on holiday and don't get back till Saturday but I have a prototype and can send pi s if you email.me.
    Shane
    Hi Shane
    Good to hear from an owner. How does she shoot and what power does she make?

I always thought I would be happy with an ssp rifle that made 6-9ftlbs if it made the engineering and cocking effort easier.

I wonder if an extended version of something like the hw40 could be be made into a rifle?

Rich

Are the Chinese working on a multi shot multi pump 5 shot,

Is is that still only Bowkett territory ?
    Hw77+7

Paradime

Hello Rich mines shoots very well power wise i did crono it with a g Air logic Genesis both using Super domes ,The Genesis was doing 8.4 ftb the Paradime a very respectable !!.6 Ftb . Rich if you send me your email i will send you some photos . my email is anipdeal@ntlworld.com.
    Many thanks Shane.