Thread: Mirage 7mm spring gun

Mirage 7mm spring gun

As the first post didn't really generate much interest I thought I'd give it one more try. Troubleshooter has offered to post the photos.
    I must apologise if this is in the wrong section but I'm at a loss as to what it is. It is definately an air powered pistol but it is in 7mm and fires what can only be described as a projectile vaguely resembling a Dutch cap for a pixie! It is spring powered with break barrel cocking and is quite accurate up to the 6m that I've used it. It comes complete with it's box, a target and a tub of projectiles. It is a die-cast and plastic gun, made in Italy and supplied by Battle Orders. It appears to have had little or no use. I'm looking for £25 f2f or £32.50 posted (it is quite heavy). Anyone with a desire to own this strange thing or if you know more about it please pm me.

PM sent.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    The Mirage, sometimes called the FVM Condor Mirage, is an interesting air pistol that has all the features of a break barrel springer but a power level that virtually puts it in the toy or airsoft category, and this is a nice example with its box. I have great fun with the grand kids shooting mine in the house and the soft rubber bullets carry a good distance and are perfectly harmless. They do split eventually though and then don't even leave the barrel. They were made sometime in the 1970's-90's period and you don't see them very often these days.

Looks like you could have Ming the merciless running scared with it!
    What a stylish toy gun.
    Wish I'd had one when I was a kid!

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I bought this ---not for me!
    It looks like an Domino 207/RO72 but I think maybe it is smaller? I was wondering if it is a dressed up Ro71 but I really dont want to strip it to look.
    For those who dont know how crappy these are click on this link http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co.../label/Panther

Anybody know where I can get the 7mm ammo from?
    Thanks
    While trying to find the pellets for this I came across this site
    http://www.justpistols.co.uk/7mm.htm
    Last edited by ggggr; 24-11-2012 at 06:24 PM. Reason: adding right link (fingers crossed)
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Anybody know where I can get the 7mm ammo from?
    7mm 'soft air' guns and even 7mm co2 guns have been around in Japan since at least the 1960's, and many types of 7mm plastic pellets are still regularly for sale in Japan. They should be useable in the Mirage, but I can't guarantee that.
    The attached photo shows three types that I know are for sale now. Cost is likely to be around £6 for the orange Sun Corona or white GX, while the green Masudaya are likely to be around £14 for a packet. The Masudaya are probable for use in a rifle. If you want me to buy any of these for you send me a pm.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

7mm pellets

Hi, yes please could you locate a supply of these pellets ??
    G

Quote Originally Posted by smoothbore View Post
    Hi, yes please could you locate a supply of these pellets ??
    G
    You do know that this thread is nearly 3 years old