I've got an old Webley which has been sitting in its original box for 25 years. It's in pretty good nick - only a couple of bits of damage on the bluing and the stock's a bit scratched, but basically pretty good condition. The bore is clean and shiny and it still buries a pellet in a piece of wood. The downside is that I took the stock off in an ill-advised attempt to see how the trigger worked and did something to it which a) means the safety catch can be put on without cocking it (which ain't right), and b) sometimes there's a momentary "interruption" when you go to cock it - like something's blocking it - but if you let the tensions out of the spring and go again it cocks. I also took the iron sights off when I put a scope on it, and don't know where they are. I was always fastidious when I cocked it - tapped first and straight back - so the barrel is dead true.

The Scottish Parliament has passed its registration scheme and I can't be bothered, so if anyone wants to give me £50 and pick it up in Carmunnock (near Glasgow) it could be yours! Over 21s only, and I'll need to see some ID. [We've had kids shooting at deer out the back on the Cathkin Braes, so I don't want to contribute to that].

Cheers.