Thread: Steyr LG110

Steyr LG110

Maybe a stupid question but what sort of results could I expect from a Steyr LG110 at 100m. Only shot it at 25m. Is it worth having a try.
    Anschutz 1913. .22lr - Big Nikko. TX200.177 Mk3 Ultimate
    Taurus 357 LBR. Taurus .22 LBR BSA .22 RF Martini International Mk3.
    Marlin 357 original JM.

Managed to get a 1" 5 shot group last year with an LG110 I had for a while that was at 80y so 100y is 20y further. So yes I would say its worth it , wind plays the biggest part in accuracy in sub 12 rifles at long range best left to windless day's in me experience
    A few nice rifles

Steyr at 100m

Wind will be your biggest enemy but on a nice still day you should get a decent group.

In a perfect world inside would be interesting.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Mac42 View Post
    Maybe a stupid question but what sort of results could I expect from a Steyr LG110 at 100m. Only shot it at 25m. Is it worth having a try.
    No it's utterly pointless!

Jack
    Steyr LG 110 2014; Steyr Pro X; Anschutz 9015 HP ; SCR Exile .177; FX X barrel .177 Aeron Streamline; Daystate Delta Wolf .177; Tau-Brno MK300 .177; Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 .177

Sub 12ftlb at 100yds

May be interesting buy probably frustrating. The gun is simply not designed for that. The velocity drop between 80 and 100 yards will be huge so it'll droop and any slight breeze will blow it off.
    Even taking a .22LR out to that range is limiting. Subsonic ammo is best but is slow. Faster ammo means it'll go subsonic before the target and tumble.
    But good luck - you don't know unless you try!

It'll get there.

There's no doubt the right pellets will travel 100yds. Having access to some sheltered lakes I will in quite weather attempt to drop a few pellets at a chosen spot at measured distances. A mil dot scope is a great tool for assessing the right hold over/ windage drift. Within a very short time the splashes tell you that your going to be able to be consistent or not. It's very satisfying to chop down a chosen reed stem at long ranges. If you get a chance to try this out be aware that your going to have a high percentage of ricochets. Keep it safe.