Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airgun darts

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off

Airgun darts

Does anyone know of a good quality airgun dart in .177?

I have some Bisley branded ones at the moment. Some won't fit in the barrel, and the others shed their flight bristles all over the place.

Cheers
    Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Does anyone know of a good quality airgun dart in .177?
    I wasn't aware that such a thing existed. You do know they're meant for smoothbores - they will trash a rifled barrel...

Darts

Milbro Mohawk ones on seem to claim to be all singing/dancing

Wil

I don't think they're quite as evil as suggested, but I'd suggest you check your barrel choke is compitable - & why do you want to shoot such a nineteenth century thing in the first place?,

Quote Originally Posted by oliver13 View Post
    I don't think they're quite as evil as suggested
    Don't put your money on that.....

There was a heads up about some 22 darts in the July's Airgun world magazine, from SMK. I can't find them on the web site though.?
    Les..

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    There was a heads up about some 22 darts in the July's Airgun world magazine, from SMK. I can't find them on the web site though.?
    Les..
    I got some .177 and .22 a few months back, I have a couple of old Diana's, the 15 & 22 models, work fine in them. We have a big party coming up (Golden Wedding) and I am hoping to have a bit of a fun shoot in the garage just for a bit of fun.
    Can't remember where I got them but SMK rings a bell.

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Bought some from my local RFD. The flights and body are resilient plastic so do not damage the barrel or disintegrate. You should only use them in a low powered airgun or they will overpenetrate due to the sharp steel core. Beware of ricochet if hit any hard surface at an oblique angle.

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

BAR are advertising these darts both .177 and .22 on their web site, give them a call.

Try a 'bay search for Harrington Gat darts or similar. I recently obtained some original unopened packets from Germany this way.

I'd suggest low powered smoothbore barrels only as otherwise darts stick in too deep and are more prone to damage. A Webley Junior pistol and an old dartboard can provide hours of fun.

John

Just an idea, but instead of the darts. Why not get a cheap table top bell target and use that instead. Such a rewarding feeling when that bell rings!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AD_K View Post
    Just an idea, but instead of the darts. Why not get a cheap table top bell target and use that instead. Such a rewarding feeling when that bell rings!!!
    A good idea. Why not be greedy like me and do both?

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    A good idea. Why not be greedy like me and do both?

John
    Hehe! Like it!

Just found a really nice Bell Target in the sales section: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht=bell+target

Hehe! Like it!

Just found a really nice Bell Target in the sales section: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht=bell+target
    this is a good bit of kit,well built and with a bell that does ring well,as for the dartsnot too sure
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Hehe! Like it!

I can recommend Red Bob's bell targets. They are built to last a lifetime or two! Bob even made me a replica of a pre war A.G. Parker target with interchangeable face plates.

John