Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airgun darts

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I can recommend Red Bob's bell targets. They are built to last a lifetime or two! Bob even made me a replica of a pre war A.G. Parker target with interchangeable face plates.

John
    Pics of that please John, never heard of one of those.
    Will send you my email addy if its better that way, hope you dont mind
    Mel

Hi Mel,

It's a special Bob made for me, rather than one he's advertised. It's very well made and I tend to use the 1 inch bell aperture all the time for pistol work.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9wo8s0hb0...EvQcZUOYa?dl=0

John

I've got one of Bobs bell targets.....every shooting household should have one....great bit of kit and bit of fun when a break is needed from paper punching.
    Eric.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Thanks for all the replies

Those black Milbro darts look suspiciously similar to the ones I have already, but they have some on Amazon so I'll give them a try, and will look at the other suggestions as well.

The darts are for a Webley Senior with a cut down spring which makes it easier for my old dad to cock. The shorter spring has lessened the recoil quite a bit, and I can hit the bullseye on a dartboard 7 times out of ten with it.

Cheers
    Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Thanks for all the replies

Those black Milbro darts look suspiciously similar to the ones I have already, but they have some on Amazon so I'll give them a try, and will look at the other suggestions as well.

The darts are for a Webley Senior with a cut down spring which makes it easier for my old dad to cock. The shorter spring has lessened the recoil quite a bit, and I can hit the bullseye on a dartboard 7 times out of ten with it.

Cheers
    Garry
    I wouldn't recommend using darts in a rifled Senior barrel as the steel shank of the dart may well damage the rifling if it gets distorted. If you must use darts in the Senior, I'd suggest a drop of oil down the barrel before a shooting session and a thorough examination of each dart before loading.

John

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    The rifling is on the way out anyway. The pistol's an old knacker which I spent many hours on bringing it back to life. I wouldn't put darts in my other Webleys, as they're in excellent condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    The rifling is on the way out anyway. The pistol's an old knacker which I spent many hours on bringing it back to life. I wouldn't put darts in my other Webleys, as they're in excellent condition.
    Sounds fair enough to me then!

John

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Mel,

It's a special Bob made for me, rather than one he's advertised. It's very well made and I tend to use the 1 inch bell aperture all the time for pistol work.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9wo8s0hb0...EvQcZUOYa?dl=0

John
    Thanks for that, looks very good, when i have saved my pocket money I will get in touch with Bob.

Cheers

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Thanks for that, looks very good, when i have saved my pocket money I will get in touch with Bob.

Cheers

Mel
    Be worth it Mel. I use it a lot and it is almost indestructible!