Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 60 yard spinners with the NickG LGU

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    Very impressive, but have you got a NickG tuned TX200 to do it with for a comparison
    I can answer that one , My full length TX tune, has less movement than the LGU tune, as all the parts are bespoke, so I am not constrained by the original design, that sounds a bit poncy, the original is a good design, I was trying to make the lgu tune I do to be as easy as possible so there is less work involved, so its a compromise.

I think if I put the same spec as the TX in the LGU it would be awesome, but it would have to use all my own parts.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    When I tune my guns, I set the zero in my garden at 15 yds off a bag, I then go to the range and shoot off my knee, or standing or kneeling, there is no change in poi, That's how I tune them, My primary aim ( no pun intended) is to get the gun as easy to shoot accurately as possible, the sound and the feel is secondary for me

My 77 has the least movement of all my rifle tunes, though some people don't like it as it feels like a gas ram . its so quick.

Hi Nick,
    That sounds ideal, if you've shot my Venom Ultra glide you know that's very quick due to the alloy piston, a similar result to yours I suspect.
    Iirc it had the shortest lock time from those tested in the tests done at the bash with the resonance/recoil rig.
    I have had people say it was too quick for them, but minimising hold sensitivity is the goal for HFT as long as accuracy is good with no fliers or fps variations.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

That 50mm spinner looks challenging. No I'm only kidding of course Good shooting and an exceptional rifle, you must be chuffed with how your LGU has turned out Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    That 50mm spinner looks challenging. No I'm only kidding of course Good shooting and an exceptional rifle, you must be chuffed with how your LGU has turned out Derek

I love it!
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Hi Neil, how much does the impact point change when you take it off the rest and shoot off a cushion that allows the gun to recoil naturally?

That would give a guide to hold sensitivity.

Cheers

John
    Finally got round to doing this yesterday although I didn't video it.

It is still as accurate although I miss a little more mainly due to the butt of the rifle being in my shoulder rather than rested on the gun rest. However - it is still pretty easy to shoot the 60 yard springers with this gun and I nailed it 5 times in a row once I got used to it
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    Finally got round to doing this yesterday although I didn't video it.

It is still as accurate although I miss a little more mainly due to the butt of the rifle being in my shoulder rather than rested on the gun rest. However - it is still pretty easy to shoot the 60 yard springers with this gun and I nailed it 5 times in a row once I got used to it
    Thanks Neil, sounds like an ideal spring class HFT gun if the stock suits the shooter.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.