Thread: all round pellet

all round pellet

I have been using a mix of h and n trophy, aa superfields and pretty much whatever comes to hand in my .22 pistols ranging from Diana mod5 g to hw45. Are there any reasons why rws hobbys would not make a good all rounder for all. All advice welcome. Thanks in advance.!!

'All round pellet' - thats a B.B. You dont catch me that easy.

Hobby is a good standard pellet. Good quality and reasonably cheap.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I use Hobbies in my 2240 and they group nicely, same in my 2250 but the groups really open up after 10 metres. The flat nose is great for punching paper but not so great for long range stability.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Geco's wadcutters. Even cheaper than Hobbies. Slightly smaller diameter skirt. Sits a bit deeper in most guns. Never had a problem in any of my .177 pistols. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Go for it

Of course it depends on whether your particular guns like them or not, but I've never had really bad results with Hobbys (or Superdomes) in either .177" or .22", and in a wide variety of rifles and pistols. And sometimes really good results.

Gecos I think only come in .177". Compared to the smaller calibre, there just aren't as many .22" wadcutters around. Hobbys are one of the better ones. Haendler & Natermann Sport (aka Bisley Practice) aren't bad either. I can't tell much difference between them at normal pistol ranges from normal .22" pistols.