Thread: Taking AirGun to France-Help please

Taking AirGun to France-Help please

Hi Everyone

Relative newbie here so please be gentle

I am going on a well earned break and driving down to the middle of France soon with family and friends. Not been here before, but it is a cottage in the middle of nowhere on a river. So big chill out time. I am thinking of taking my AA410 with me for a bit of plinking. My question is does anyone know of what is involved? Will I fall foul of the French AirGun laws and/or Customs. Or more importantly, is it not a good idea at the present time, in view of recent events.

Cheers

Pete H

Do a search for France on here as it's been discussed a couple of times this year. The basic answer is 'forget it' as you'll be breaking loads of French laws.

Jonathan

Arrow

Try contacting Landswehr as he lives in France.

Ideally, what you need is an EFP (European Firearms Pass) and an invitation to go wherever, for hunting, target shooting or trading.

The problem is at the moment is we can't get one for guns that are not on a FAC. This means we can't shoot in Germany for sure - I had someone influential get me a temporary German FAC a couple of weeks ago but the police swore it was the last time - they want EU shooters to have EU documentation, like the Germans, Dutch and Belgians (to my certain knowledge). We are now in a situation where the UK law prevents us from complying with the German law - something the 1991 EEC Directive was intended to do away with. I started a thread on AirGunForum recently, here.

I am talking and writing to someone in the Home Office about getting new guidance issued to ACPO or maybe getting the relevant regulation changed (details on the other thread).

Apart from that, I can offer nothing about France, I just drive off at Calais and nip smartly (not too smartly) north into Belgium!

Keith

Thanks for the replies folks,

I will do a search on the BBS, but as I thought and confirmed by Jonathan, not worth the hassle. That will upset my Boys

Once again, thanks

Pete H

AndyBlissett Guest
    yeah i asked that very same question about 2 months ago. And the conclusion was to enjoy the wine and cheese, and leave the gun at home

My conclusion is to enjoy wine and cheese, but also get our law changed - which is what I am working on (see link above to AirGunForum). A call to my friend tomorrow at the Home Office to see if he received my two letters safely!
    Keith

Gibbon Guest

If UK law ever gets changed...