Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
As I understand it mach 1 Is not out of pocket by 40 quid, he is the owner of a two peice venom sling, which he chose to send back to the vendor without agreement. I do not know why he did this, nor do I understand the reasoning behind buying on the internet with an automatic right to return goods that you believe are not what you required. That is what shops are for. You can go and view and hold and check and if satisfied buy. I am sure the vendor believes he advertised appropriately and I am sure. Mach1 believes otherwise. But there are other ways of dealing with these issues. Sometimes you have to realise that brief descriptions or photos can mean different things to different people. A simple phone call to check is always wise. Hopefully it canbe sorted out in a more gentlemanly manner. If not it still doesn't mean that the vendor is in the wrong.
My understanding is that he has neither the sling or the money and the seller now has both, I just hope this "genuine" seller does not resell the sling as by your reasoning that would be theft.
I understand you are in retail as I have been too, if you recall a few years ago a family called the Graham's operated a scam selling rifles that they didn't actually own, but for people posting warnings far more people would have been caught out. Yes I understand Caveat Emptor and distance selling regulations, my argument is that people should be able to both recommend and warn of the outlets they deal with.