Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dodgey Dealer Alert

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    As I understand it mach 1 Is not out of pocket by 40 quid, he is the owner of a two peice venom sling, which he chose to send back to the vendor without agreement. I do not know why he did this, nor do I understand the reasoning behind buying on the internet with an automatic right to return goods that you believe are not what you required. That is what shops are for. You can go and view and hold and check and if satisfied buy. I am sure the vendor believes he advertised appropriately and I am sure. Mach1 believes otherwise. But there are other ways of dealing with these issues. Sometimes you have to realise that brief descriptions or photos can mean different things to different people. A simple phone call to check is always wise. Hopefully it canbe sorted out in a more gentlemanly manner. If not it still doesn't mean that the vendor is in the wrong.
    My understanding is that he has neither the sling or the money and the seller now has both, I just hope this "genuine" seller does not resell the sling as by your reasoning that would be theft.
    I understand you are in retail as I have been too, if you recall a few years ago a family called the Graham's operated a scam selling rifles that they didn't actually own, but for people posting warnings far more people would have been caught out. Yes I understand Caveat Emptor and distance selling regulations, my argument is that people should be able to both recommend and warn of the outlets they deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    I know Peter Griffiths & this doesn't sound like the chap I know, so I've just come off the phone from talking to him. I have nothing to do with him other than know him from shooting in the same leagues as me, so I have no vested interest either way.

Peter tells me the only contact you have made is through gunstar, no phone calls or Emails. He can no longer get onto Gunstar but has told me to let you know if yoy phone (01584 861 285) him now & give him your bank details he will give you £50 back to cover your costs. He also states he has been waiting for you to call him to discuss the problem.

I really hope this all works out for you.

Good luck!

ABT

Dave

Thank you Dave

Hopefully this can now be resolved.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    I know Peter Griffiths & this doesn't sound like the chap I know, so I've just come off the phone from talking to him. I have nothing to do with him other than know him from shooting in the same leagues as me, so I have no vested interest either way.

Peter tells me the only contact you have made is through gunstar, no phone calls or Emails. He can no longer get onto Gunstar but has told me to let you know if yoy phone (01584 861 285) him now & give him your bank details he will give you £50 back to cover your costs. He also states he has been waiting for you to call him to discuss the problem.

I really hope this all works out for you.

Good luck!

ABT

Dave
    Well done, Dave - really good of you mate.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Kind of prove my point , about getting your facts right. A new. Hw80 on its own, is around the 375 mark. More with scope!!. Isn't it our own TD who says " if you don't know enough to judge, don't judge"
    If this was meant to make me look stupid then by all means feel free to openly apologise. The price i quoted was a fact for an hw80. End of. I am aware the one being sold has a scope on it but the scope is not worth the extra £100 you appear to be suggesting. Possibly about £20-£30. It is not a mid range scope and i am not disputing the fact that it may have reasonably nice glass. The point was being made that it is an overpriced rifle. It is not an antique or by any measure a custom rifle. It is an air rifle that is still readily available from a gun shop at a lower price all be it without a scope. So feel free to pay £375 for your hw80, but i will pay £283 (fact) with a twelve month warranty, with an added guarantee that it hasn't been messed around with and i will choose a scope that i would like sat on top. I await your response and next time you put what appears to be a snide remark about my abilities to look up basic information via the internet, i suggest you do a similar search beforehand. You obviously know less than Mr TD, less than me but more than anyone else. I am editing as i would also like to know what value you would have put on a second hand scope with no warranty and no way of knowing if it even zero's. If it doesn't then you still have an overpriced hw80. If it is good then you have a second hand 80 value unknown with a 20-30 quid scope on anyway.
    Last edited by nimrod177; 05-07-2015 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikard View Post
    I think if you read my posts this is what I was saying, Countryboy made judgemental comments in support of the seller but was directly judging the buyer
    If you recommend anything it is based on your own experiences i.e biased but according to him the warnings Mach 1.5 gave were biased bleatings by a disgruntled buyer, Mach 1.5 can't really win can he?he's dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't, all he did was warn the members of a potentially less than scrupulous seller, I for one whole heartedly thank him for doing so and hopefully no one else suffers the same, he's the one down £40
    The problem as I see it is going onto an open forum and castigating what turns out in this case to be a reputable seller. Wouldn't it be better to ask if anyone has contact details? I apologise if you thought I was having a go I simply hadn't took the full context into account.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Mach 1.5 may like many on here be bang on 'eccentric' , but he's a genuine nice bloke, and pukka Venom groupie, who has never maligned anyone nor done a bad deal to my knowledge. I tend to believe him - I strongly suspect he just wanted what is probably 'another' Venom sling to put on one of his Venom rifles and can't imagine a toys out the pram reaction even if sold something tatty described as mint, so I'd guess his sling came in two bits, just like he's said - my opinion on this particular thread -
    Seconded! Paul is a long term BBS member and an avid collector, many of us have had dealings with him over the past 8 years, and he's a gent. He's also not the kind of guy who will write an essay when two sentences will do it. Nor is he one of our armchair warriors who spend their time throwing tantrums and bitchslapping each other over in 'Non-Airgun related'. Why would he make something up? I hope it gets resolved.

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Guys I think this thread has run its course,,, the Shop has offered to pay £50 to the buyer and anything else on this thread is merely filler,,,

To Mach 1.5, I would contact the shop and claim the money and draw a line under the whole thing
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE