Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dodgey Dealer Alert

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Yes that's the answer!!! Destroy the man's reputation, livelihood and business on the bleatings of one biased disgruntled customer. Pathetic!!!
    He did that himself with his attitude towards a customer
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Yes that's the answer!!! Destroy the man's reputation, livelihood and business on the bleatings of one biased disgruntled customer. Pathetic!!!
    Do you think that what he was reported to have done was a satisfactory way to treat customers?

If not, and as it appears that you've some connection with him, do let us know please.

Never met the man. But whipping up a hanging party everytime a customer has a disagreement, without knowing the truth of the matter is totally wrong on so many levels
    Last edited by countryboy; 04-07-2015 at 05:19 PM.

. without knowing the truth of the matter is totally wrong on so many levels
    Are you suggesting that an established member on here isn't telling the truth?

I can see it from Countryboy's position, and Mach 1.5's position.

We know nothing of it other than what we're told, and my considerable experience of sorting out Sales issues on here has taught me to hold off making judgements until I've heard both sides of the story.

Being ripped off is not on. But so is s whipping up a hate storm if there's more to it.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

if the dealer has said he received the item back but you can forget a refund, isn't that theft or obtaining money by deception which both are crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post

We know nothing of it other than what we're told, and my considerable experience of sorting out Sales issues on here has taught me to hold off making judgements until I've heard both sides of the story.

Being ripped off is not on. But so is s whipping up a hate storm if there's more to it.
    I agree with this. Perhaps someone could send him an email, not necessarily as a representative of BBS but, as a representative of this community, asking him for a response. That may well be enough to encourage a resolution.

IF it turns out to be a genuine rip-off, let the mob deal with him.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post

In the shell of a nut.

A long while ago, I got a complaint about goods not received after (about) 2 weeks. Contacted the seller, only to be told, "yes I sold it to him 2 weeks ago, but did he neglect to tell you that he only paid yesterday?" Something along those lines. It taught me not to make snap judgements until I had all the info to hand.

If that is the response the OP received, then I would advise, as mentioned a few posts up, to either try and claim back via payment method, or consider legal options.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Paul, Shropshire is only 50 mins away, mate - drive down and collect your money. I wouldn't stand for being robbed of forty pence, let alone forty quid. If you want a lift, give me a bell and I'll happily come with you.

Craig
    Like already said, just go see the guy and see what he has to say to your face, he's not that far from you.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    Agreed, I'm aware there is two sides to a story and everything but in this case, it sounds like an exploitative fellow is taking advantage of our sport. Lets kick him in the goolies. Derek
    There are at Least two sides to every story, more commonly there are 3 sides.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

hw80k late model .22 very few marks nice condition nikko stirling scope 3x9x40 powerfull and accurate.....£295.
    Kinda interesting that a second hand rifle is up for sale for more than the price of a new one on his web site. Sort of wonder if the op maybe not the only one that will be getting less than he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod177 View Post
    hw80k late model .22 very few marks nice condition nikko stirling scope 3x9x40 powerfull and accurate.....£295.
    Kinda interesting that a second hand rifle is up for sale for more than the price of a new one on his web site. Sort of wonder if the op maybe not the only one that will be getting less than he wanted.
    Kind of prove my point , about getting your facts right. A new. Hw80 on its own, is around the 375 mark. More with scope!!. Isn't it our own TD who says " if you don't know enough to judge, don't judge"

Kind of prove my point , about getting your facts right. A new. Hw80 on its own, is around the 375 mark. More with scope!!. Isn't it our own TD who says " if you don't know enough to judge, don't judge"
    Sportsman sell them for £283, although it's a direct import and not through Hull, but still made by
    Weihrauch on the same production line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn. View Post
    Sportsman sell them for £283, although it's a direct import and not through Hull, but still made by
    Weihrauch on the same production line.
    On that line of thinking then , perhaps we should castigate every other long established and reputable dealer in the country for being heinous rip off merchants.

Whilst I agree we do not have the full story and therefore shouldn't judge, this forum enables people to share their experiences of retail outlets.
    If Mach1.5 had recommended the same outlet for their customer service, would you still be posting in the way you are ? as he would still be a "biased customer" I doubt it , in fact he would probably be receiving thanks from most of the members, however because he has warned the members of let's say "less than satisfactory customer service" you take it upon yourself to judge him " the beatings of one biased customer"
    Kettle calling Pot springs to mind