Thread: Hatsan 900 X Findings

Hatsan 900 X Findings

My 'pair'
    Pulled barrels through - lots of grease in there so needs doing -
    Chrono, Superdome, Falcon & AA showed promise for efficiency - 11.1 typical

Put a cheap s/h scope from off here on one - 3-9x

I went for super dome (as suggested by Country Way, where they came from)
    Yesterday evening sat down at table in garden with cushion and with care knocked out middle of a bisley red white and blue at 25 yards. Open sighted rifle was particularly nice to shoot, better handling than one with scope on I think, despite scope being mounted nice and low (Sportsmatch, of course)

My girlfriend tried one shot, missed the target, handed it back, and said 'it's horrible'
    She is a decent shot, but hated the long really not nice trigger pull.

So it is what it is I think - I still grin at a full power ish rifle for 69 quid, turns out the barrels are A OK, and with the venerable Superdome, a cheaper than most and fab close up vermin pellet.

Would this rifle promote shooting to a new shooter ? Well, anyone is going to want something better, pretty soon. It could put some folk straight to PCP if that is there only impression of springers. Flip side, - obviously easy to improve with kit and some sort of trigger improvement, as a loan rifle for someone who wants to remove a squirrel on a bird feeder at 20 yards or some such, great. Rifle to keep in back of agri vehicle for pigeons on rafters in barn - Fab, rat shooter for those who've been shooting long enough to master all types of trigger control - piece of cake.

My thoughts anyway - plus the fun of shooting a basic, factory rifle, for 'peanuts'
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    My 'pair'
    Pulled barrels through - lots of grease in there so needs doing -
    Chrono, Superdome, Falcon & AA showed promise for efficiency - 11.1 typical

Put a cheap s/h scope from off here on one - 3-9x

I went for super dome (as suggested by Country Way, where they came from)
    Yesterday evening sat down at table in garden with cushion and with care knocked out middle of a bisley red white and blue at 25 yards. Open sighted rifle was particularly nice to shoot, better handling than one with scope on I think, despite scope being mounted nice and low (Sportsmatch, of course)

My girlfriend tried one shot, missed the target, handed it back, and said 'it's horrible'
    She is a decent shot, but hated the long really not nice trigger pull.

So it is what it is I think - I still grin at a full power ish rifle for 69 quid, turns out the barrels are A OK, and with the venerable Superdome, a cheaper than most and fab close up vermin pellet.

Would this rifle promote shooting to a new shooter ? Well, anyone is going to want something better, pretty soon. It could put some folk straight to PCP if that is there only impression of springers. Flip side, - obviously easy to improve with kit and some sort of trigger improvement, as a loan rifle for someone who wants to remove a squirrel on a bird feeder at 20 yards or some such, great. Rifle to keep in back of agri vehicle for pigeons on rafters in barn - Fab, rat shooter for those who've been shooting long enough to master all types of trigger control - piece of cake.

My thoughts anyway - plus the fun of shooting a basic, factory rifle, for 'peanuts'
    Apparently the best may to improve the trigger is an M3 8mm bolt something I am going to investigate when I have had a few more pellets through this one. Your girlfriend is right, the trigger is not nice and a very long pull. That said it is usable and it does group well doesn't it?

When you think of it shooting straight out of the box, unfettled, they are not so bad a gun. Even HWs require attention, thats why SFS make so much money!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    what are the specs on these ? Bore, stroke, port size, central piston rod or body latching, length and weight ?
    Is the trigger housing the same as on the bigger hatsans (so can swap unit in) ?
    Thanks - JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Amazing to think you can get a usuable full power rifle for less than 70 quid! wonder How the trigger compares with others around the 100 mark like the SAT, remmington, smk etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    what are the specs on these ? Bore, stroke, port size, central piston rod or body latching, length and weight ?
    Is the trigger housing the same as on the bigger hatsans (so can swap unit in) ?
    Thanks - JB
    No idea, but at the price they can be got for if you can get one and like taking stuff to bits, worth a play I'd think

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Amazing to think you can get a usuable full power rifle for less than 70 quid! wonder How the trigger compares with others around the 100 mark like the SAT, remmington, smk etc?
    I'm sure the next time I get together with a shooting pal for a plinky / zero session, we'll have more fun with a 900x attempting to outdo each other on tin cans or paper or knock downs, than with other gear , for a while at least.

secretagentmole Guest
    From what I understand this is basically a carbined Striker. Barrel is 32cm, I assume bore and stroke is the same as the Striker (waiting on WW to get one apart and see if it is because if it is his tuning kits are a straight drop in but he may have to increase spring length because it has been carbined).

The Quattro trigger group cannot be fitted to this gun, so WW is looking at resurrecting the WWST and modifying it to fit new Strikers and the 900 as well!