Thread: Mounts question, s510+mamba

Question Mounts question, s510+mamba

Hi all, I have an AA ultimate sporter, yesterday I bought a new MTC mamba 3-12, 30mm tube to go on it, but the mounts are too high (I prefer lower ones). The turret saddle is over the mag indexer and there is 7mm of gap, I have measured the mounts, they are 22mm from base to the bottom of the tube.

I have done some searching, and found hawke match are 11 or 17mm, sportsmatch at 15mm and BKL at 17mm.

What are the lowest mounts I will get away with using on this setup?

Cheers guys, Andy.
    NO LONGER My s410

Quote Originally Posted by andy coup View Post
    Hi all, I have an AA ultimate sporter, yesterday I bought a new MTC mamba 3-12, 30mm tube to go on it, but the mounts are too high (I prefer lower ones). The turret saddle is over the mag indexer and there is 7mm of gap, I have measured the mounts, they are 22mm from base to the bottom of the tube.

I have done some searching, and found hawke match are 11 or 17mm, sportsmatch at 15mm and BKL at 17mm.

What are the lowest mounts I will get away with using on this setup?

Cheers guys, Andy.
    22mm -7mm = 15mm

Just make sure all measure from/to the same point & I'd allow a couple of mm clearance.

Also with a different height mount you may find the eye relief needs to change, or rather as your head has moved the scope may need to move forward/back to maintain the correct eye relief.