Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 x mags

2 x mags

Bought a Airgun wold from Tesco on Thursday and inside was this months copy of air gunner for free!
    Now they get a lot of stick the mags but when I was starting out on my air rifle journey I found them very imforotive and helpfull
    So well done to Airgun World/ Air Gunner and also well done to Tesco!

They've been doing it for ages,
    It used to utterly piss me off when I was paying a subscription for both & getting nothing then walk in to a shop & see a free give away, even if one of them was usually un-sold stock from the previous month.

Great for the casual buyer and lets be honest it's a marketing ploy to draw those casual readers in to buying, once you get it on subscription they have you & your money on the hook.

more likely to be ABC manipulation, stock given away does not have to be marked down as unsold/returned so can be included in the circulation figures, higher they are, more you can charge advertisers

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    They've been doing it for ages,
    It used to utterly piss me off when I was paying a subscription for both & getting nothing then walk in to a shop & see a free give away, even if one of them was usually un-sold stock from the previous month.

Great for the casual buyer and lets be honest it's a marketing ploy to draw those casual readers in to buying, once you get it on subscription they have you & your money on the hook.
    New subscribers get a gift, and all subscribers get a discounted price, plus delivery to their door, usually before the mags hit the shops. So the 'getting nothing' claim is a bit unfair, surely?

Giving away a free magazine isn't a bad thing, either, is it? We get more readers and our sport gets more supporters. As the kids say - what's not to like?
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by neil82 View Post
    more likely to be ABC manipulation, stock given away does not have to be marked down as unsold/returned so can be included in the circulation figures, higher they are, more you can charge advertisers
    Utterly and completely wrong, Neil.

Just so you know, OK?

I subscribe to both at a reduced price.
    I get them through my door a couple of days before they're in the shops.
    Do I resent Tesco shoppers getting a free mag? No I don't. That would be a bit sad in the grand scheme of things wouldn't it?
    It seems criticism of the mags can sometimes be so tenuous that I wonder what reaction other terrible atrocities garner. Why, only this week the Daily Mail is giving away a free Panama hat for just the postage price, the bastards!

Chris

I sometimes buy the double mag in the plastic bag and very good value it is but i would like to see both front covers while they're in the bag, then i can see what im getting tho it does add to the excitement bit like a lucky bag, maybe some tatoos and a bubbly thrown in

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    New subscribers get a gift, and all subscribers get a discounted price, plus delivery to their door, usually before the mags hit the shops. So the 'getting nothing' claim is a bit unfair, surely?

I'll give you that one Terry, poorly worded on my part, subscribers being excluded from such promotions would have been better.
    Giving away a free magazine isn't a bad thing, either, is it? We get more readers and our sport gets more supporters. As the kids say - what's not to like?
    Pretty much supports my second statement

Anyway I voted with my feet & wallet & no longer buy any airgun specific mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy88 View Post
    Bought a Airgun wold from Tesco on Thursday and inside was this months copy of air gunner for free!
    Now they get a lot of stick the mags but when I was starting out on my air rifle journey I found them very imforotive and helpfull
    So well done to Airgun World/ Air Gunner and also well done to Tesco!
    Question for Terry on this. How come he got a copy of Airgunner and I got a copy of Sporting Shooter as a freebie? I also got mine from Tescos. Is it pot luck as to what you get? As I already subscribe to Airgunner I wouldn't be to pleased to find another copy as my freebie. If it is pot luck then I feel it justifies my policy of opening the pack before buying!!!

Quote Originally Posted by graham hudson View Post
    Question for Terry on this. How come he got a copy of Airgunner and I got a copy of Sporting Shooter as a freebie? I also got mine from Tescos. Is it pot luck as to what you get? As I already subscribe to Airgunner I wouldn't be to pleased to find another copy as my freebie. If it is pot luck then I feel it justifies my policy of opening the pack before buying!!!
    Have you read what you've just posted?
    IT's FREE!!!!!
    If you subscribe to AirGunner, why would you buy AirGunner in Tesco?
    Seriously mate, stay out of Tesco, it's obviously too much aggro for you.
    Jeeeesus!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Have you read what you've just posted?
    IT's FREE!!!!!
    If you subscribe to AirGunner, why would you buy AirGunner in Tesco?
    Seriously mate, stay out of Tesco, it's obviously too much aggro for you.
    Jeeeesus!

Chris
    No I bought Airgun World and it came with Sporting Shooter as the freebie. He bought AW and it came with Airgunner. Please read my thread again.
    Jeeeeeeesssssuuuss!!!!

No I bought Airgun World and it came with Sporting Shooter as the freebie. He bought AW and it came with Airgunner. Please read my thread again.
    Jeeeeeeesssssuuuss!!!!
    Mate, it doesn't frigging matter. Nobody ripped you off, you didn't pay for anything that you didn't get. Have a word with yourself.
    By the way, well done for putting more e into Jesus, you really have done well.

Chris

Graham - our marketing people put 'similar interest' magazines in as freebies to see if you'd be interested in them, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    I sometimes buy the double mag in the plastic bag and very good value it is but i would like to see both front covers while they're in the bag, then i can see what im getting tho it does add to the excitement bit like a lucky bag, maybe some tatoos and a bubbly thrown in
    Both covers can't be visible, because the wrong barcode could be scanned and that causes all sorts of mayhem - apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Pretty much supports my second statement

Anyway I voted with my feet & wallet & no longer buy any airgun specific mag.
    That's your choice, AB, but all subscribers get that discount, delivery and usually get to see the mag a couple of days before it hits the shops.