Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left ,right ,left ,left,right ,right ,right Arrrrhhhhh!!!!

Left ,right ,left ,left,right ,right ,right Arrrrhhhhh!!!!

Hi peeps.

At the weekend I took out my 0.22 FAC rapid mk2 16inch, using AA field @28ftbl I zeroed or rather attempted to zero the combo.
    The zero box was place 45 yards away 12 shot mag loaded and clicked into place.
    1st shot was 4inches right of centre, 2nd shot 4 inches left of centre but on the same elevation , 3rd shot through the same hole ,4th shot through the same hole on the right ??????? DOH

I was in a very steady stance and constantly aiming dead centre of the target, next was to start twisting turrets and still no joy.
    I did notice that I have the dreaded stock wobble but as the scope is bolted to the action I didn’t think this would make any difference.
    I last cleaned the barrel 200 shots ago so would that he the reason??

I don’t think it would be as the rifle was grouping in 2 different places not just spitting out lead which tends to happen when things need a clean.

Any ideas?

PS it isnt clipping the silencer
    If it's got tits or wheels it’s going to be expensive.....

Give it a good clean, check everythings tight and then zero it off bags for a rock steady zero.

My Rapids groups open up when the tube needs a clean.
    Did you check your pellets for damage?
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Euan Guest
    I had a similar problem a while back, the 2 distinct groups might mean it's a scope problem.

Have you dropped/banged it recently?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Try it without the mag mate, just single load. Defo give it a good clean first and a dozen shots to re-lead the bore.

Does sound like it could be a scope prob - easy to check if you have a laser...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

the stock is now tight
    the ammo was fine and lubed
    will try my new scope at the weekend
    will use a pull trough with a bit of number 9

I thought it would shotgun if it needed a clean instead of two perfect groups 8 inches apart , they were 5p size groups too

i dont think the scope as been knocked but it may have been while in the safe or while i shut the door

thanks guys i will try at the wekend but please let me know if you think of anything else .

Thanks

why zero at 45 yards??????
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

Gary C Guest
    Cos it's FAC Albert.

Personally I'd leave well alone. Just think of the advantages. Laid in cover - few bunnies out - you can get a few without even moving the muzzle. For singles ? no probs, just remember which side you're on and aim off.

Quote Originally Posted by airgunner2388
    why zero at 45 yards??????
    thats what I wanted on the day for a bit of plinking

why do you ask ?
    Can you suggest anything more appropriate for the setup?

Gary C Guest
    I'd zero at 40 steve - you never have to hold under more than a fraction then

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    I'd zero at 40 steve - you never have to hold under more than a fraction then
    At the moment I have a 50mm front lens so I have to use the funny Funny Theoben raisers.
    I’m soon to go back to my trusty 44 mag so hopefully I can get rid of the raisers and reduce the scope height.
    Once that’s done I can have a look at the optimum zero range.
    As you rightly say 40 should be about right .

I just hope I can squeeze the scope on without them

Hi The simmons 6.5-20x44 fits on my MkI without risers and has room for a butler creek cap.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Quote Originally Posted by stillair1
    Hi The simmons 6.5-20x44 fits on my MkI without risers and has room for a butler creek cap.
    Perfect
    cheers for the heads up

My Simmons Mag 44, wont fit on my MFR without scope risers because of the bull barrel and then it sits too high

I'm having a dovetail conversion rail made to my spec, so the scope sits just nice above the barrel, and I can use standard scope mounts

Regards

Ben

the raisers tend to be a bit high but with sometimes you have to go with that solution , id rather not use them so i can lower the scope and get in the cheek a little more .

shims sound like a good idea from Ben , I will have to see the clearance I have and how it feels.
    Last edited by steve curtis; 19-07-2005 at 02:04 PM.