Thread: Whitetail classic 1.5 - 5 - 20 Wa - information

Whitetail classic 1.5 - 5 - 20 Wa - information

Hi
    I have a whitetail Classic 1.5 - 5 - 20 Wa

Question is... Is there two different models ? And how do you tell which is which ?

And, which is the better one

Thanks in advance

Originally made in the Philippines. Later, Simmonds (which is a brand, not an actual manfacturer) had them made in China. The earlier Philippine ones are generally reckoned to be better, and so cost more. I do not know how you tell them apart, unless the box or papers say "made in X".

I have a Filipino one, about 15 years old. It's nice. Never spent time with a Chinese one, so can't say whether it's worse and if so how much worse. Some Chinese stuff is quite decent.

There IS another one, looks identical, but designed for a shotgun, the reticle is a diamond in the middle, one of our club .22's has one on it for 25yd gallery given to the club by a member who gave up shooting.
    And then an ice hockey game broke out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0woZ...layer_embedded
    son got MOM in world championships: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCcYwNJxv4

Quote Originally Posted by NigelG View Post
    There IS another one, looks identical, but designed for a shotgun, the reticle is a diamond in the middle, one of our club .22's has one on it for 25yd gallery given to the club by a member who gave up shooting.
    That's the one I have.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelG View Post
    Not branded as a White tail Classic though - branded "Pro-Diamond 1.5-5x20 Shotgun" - nice scope, all the same. also the finish is a matte black instead of the WTC crackled finish.

Paul.

Thanks for the information lads..

Mine must be a phillippines model because I had owned it over 15 years

Has anyone ever actually seen, with their own eyes, a Chinese made Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20?

Whitetail classic 1.5-5 Wa-information

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    Has anyone ever actually seen, with their own eyes, a Chinese made Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20?
    nope!

Whitetail classic 1.5-5 Wa-information

Has anyone managed to break one? I'd like to buy a one thats bust for spares as long as the objective lens collar is undamaged. i got a cheap one recently thats been"re - parrelaxed" by a gorilla with molegrips on the objective lens collar thread ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    No.

BBS unicorn.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS