Thread: Gamo Lethal pellets .177

Gamo Lethal pellets .177

Ok, against everyone's advice on here, I ordered a tin to try them. I know........ Knob head but, curiosity got the better of me.

I tried a couple in my Lelya. God knows where they went. They didn't hit the target (25yrds away) or anything near it, they didn't get lost in the gun either. It's a mystery

They sort of worked in my tx200 at a tin can at 20yrds but, I dont have the tx anymore. I certainly don't want to put them through any of my other rifles.

The marketing cobblers states that each one is individually numbered. Well, my OCD got the better of me - They are numbered but, not 1 through 100. There's a few 7's in there etc....... I will try to get out more

I think the time has come for the missus to put a tin of lead diablos in a sock and beat me with it until I've learned my lesson.

So, if anyone would like some crap pellets for free, let me know. I'll even pay the postage

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    So, if anyone would like some crap pellets for free, let me know. I'll even pay the postage
    Good luck with that. I tried posting some once but every time I tried to put them in the postbox they missed.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

secretagentmole Guest
    Ok, against everyone's advice on here, I ordered a tin to try them. I know........ Knob head but, curiosity got the better of me.

I tried a couple in my Lelya. God knows where they went. They didn't hit the target (25yrds away) or anything near it, they didn't get lost in the gun either. It's a mystery

They sort of worked in my tx200 at a tin can at 20yrds but, I dont have the tx anymore. I certainly don't want to put them through any of my other rifles.

The marketing cobblers states that each one is individually numbered. Well, my OCD got the better of me - They are numbered but, not 1 through 100. There's a few 7's in there etc....... I will try to get out more

I think the time has come for the missus to put a tin of lead diablos in a sock and beat me with it until I've learned my lesson.

You are missing the trick there, put the Gamo's in a sock and tell her to hit you over the head with them...

Then watch as she takes her own knee out!

I've got some similar Umarex pellets or at least the same level of accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    You are missing the trick there, put the Gamo's in a sock and tell her to hit you over the head with them...

Then watch as she takes her own knee out!
    Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Good luck with that. I tried posting some once but every time I tried to put them in the postbox they missed.

PMSL at both of these!!
    Ex-Airgunner

Sabot pellets, been there before.
    Also does anyone remember "Champion Ballistics"?
    They were a pellet with a bb inside them.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    PMSL at both of these!!
    both of those comments are a lot more accurate than the pellets

All of the above.

secretagentmole Guest
    both of those comments are a lot more accurate than the pellets
    Perhaps you might care to see their USA website here...

http://www.gamousa.com/product.aspx?productID=458

Hyperbole I think....

I'll give them a go!!! PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    I'll give them a go!!! PM sent
    You're a brave man Dan I'll pack them up and send them now - quickly, before you change your mind

Let me know how you get on with them.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Perhaps you might care to see their USA website here...

http://www.gamousa.com/product.aspx?productID=458

Hyperbole I think....
    I took a look at the reviews on that web sight:

Deadly Accurate! Just shot these at 45yds... 5 shot group had three holes touching.. Two fliers that I'm sure was me not being steady. Shot out of my Whisper Deluxe.
    Awesome pellet!! I took out a decent sized crow with one shot at 30yds.
    the penetrating power of these pellets is amazing! they really have a lot of power.

I don't know what we're doing wrong in old Blighty, just crap I guess....

To be fair I've never tried Gamo Lethal's, but the plastic skirt says it all really I've tried a few, which is a shame, non toxic & superior aerodynamics - maybe one day.

Are the gamo's similar to Prometheus ?

shauny is offline Has a taste for the French fancys
    have a look on flea bay at the h&n hornets, £20 for 200,lead with a
    brass point.had a few given, but not fired yet,but they look really
    well made.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver13 View Post
    To be fair I've never tried Gamo Lethal's, but the plastic skirt says it all really I've tried a few, which is a shame, non toxic & superior aerodynamics - maybe one day.
    I fired and measured some Lethals over a couple of chronos when I was testing for drag. As you may expect from the pellet shape, which is not what you would normally use to reduce drag, the drag on these pellets is, shall we say, somewhat high, like 40% higher than that measured on AAFields. So I am not sure where the superior aerodynamics bit comes in. This coupled with the low weight will make them lose energy very quickly.
    As for accuracy I did not really test it a lot. Most of the Lethal pellets I received were different lengths. This was because the metal part tried to come out of the plastic while in the container, so pushing them all back together at least made them the same length. One of the guys at the club, an ex HFT world champion, fired one of the Lethals at a large paper target at about 30 yards. We could not see after where it had gone to so we didn't try any more.
    Last edited by ballisticboy; 09-07-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiltskin View Post
    Are the gamo's similar to Prometheus ?
    Sort of. The Prometheus have a metal tip and spine with a cylindrical plastic outer. The Lethals have a completely plastic body with a metal tip.

In my experience they are both pretty poor. Neither are accurate for target shooting and I certainly wouldn't ever use them for hunting.

Someone did once tell me that they are better through a smooth bore barrel.

To be honest, I have no idea how the manufacturers get away with making their claims about either pellet.

All of the above.