Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley mkVI

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Webley mkVI

I saw one of these in a shop today. Man it huge! I didn't hold it as I didn't feel strong enough, but it looks pretty substantial. Who has one? How long have up you had it! And what are the best and worst things about them?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I've had mine 6 months.
    I have seen small criticisms but I think it is an excellent revolver.
    Shoots pretty good too.
    Not cheap but then look at price of Umarex pistols.

I dont have one but know a few people that do, might get one from my local gun shop to do a review on them though..

The best thing about them is that they are a very close replica, have good weight only a little lighter then the real thing, the paint job is good, the trigger is one of the best feeling triggers you will found on any revolver, both in single and double action..

The worst thing about them is, the internals will most likely not last that long with a lot of use, all the revolvers like, this webley, the Dan Wesson and the colt python etc have alloy internals and the pawls (the part that turns the cylinder) is quite soft ally this wears down quite fast with a lot of use and then will stop functioning and you cant buy parts for them.
    So for that reason they are over priced in the UK..

Even though True umarex pistols(the German made rotary mag pistols) are a lot of money they tend to last 5 times longer then other airguns, plus you can get All the parts for them so for that reason they are worth the money..

ATB, marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Excellent pistols, looks great, good heft and shoots well. Did you see the standard or the battlefield finish version ?? I have the standard one but might well invest in a battlefield version.

My only criticism is the cartridges, slightly shorter than the Dan Wesson ones so they have been specially made for this pistol and they are far too small! It would have been much better to have made .455 carts.

There is also some accessories, a decent looking holster and speedloaders. They shouldn't have bothered with the speedloaders, bigger carts and maybe some half\full moon clips would have been more authentic.

I have to disagree with Marc, while it is accurate that the internals on such revolvers are not made to firearms quality, you would have to be giving them some serious abuse to wear down the mechanism. One of my DW's is from the original batch and has probably had tens of thousands of rounds through it and is still going strong.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

I think your one of the lucky ones with the DW mate, but saying that so was I, before I sold it I put around 2500 rounds in my DW and had no issues.. But I have lost count with the amount of people that have said to me on UBC that there DW pawl has died and have either binned the gun or tried to source a new pawl from bigjob, starting to see webley do that same not so long ago on UBC, up I understand its a hit and miss with these internals, so will last a long Time but others only a short time..

Would this put me off buying them though, nope lol I'm going to get a peacemaker for my birthday..
    What winds me up though I that KWC, wingun, ASG and other brands like that do not sell parts for their guns do when they break your left with a paper weight, that one reason why I like the German made true umarex gun, least we can get parts for them, its also no wonder people like airsoft so much as well because of spare parts..

Although I have both I do still prefer airguns over airsoft.. Have them all I say lol..

Back to the topic though, I think the webley is a HUGE step-up from the DW's and colt pythons though, saw the warn down finish in my local gun shop yesterday, the finish looks great on that..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    I think your one of the lucky ones with the DW mate, but saying that so was I, before I sold it I put around 2500 rounds in my DW and had no issues.. But I have lost count with the amount of people that have said to me on UBC that there DW pawl has died and have either binned the gun or tried to source a new pawl from bigjob, starting to see webley do that same not so long ago on UBC, up I understand its a hit and miss with these internals, so will last a long Time but others only a short time..
    But for those who have mentioned it there will be thousands of other people who have not had an issue. It's not that I have a good one, I have 4 of them and none have any problems, no one else I know who has one has had any issues. I don't doubt that issues exist but let's not pretend its a 50/50 chance of you getting a problematic gun. What people report on the internet is rarely data that is good enough to draw a reliable conclusion from.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Yeah everthing on this planet has the chance to break, no matter what you buy some can last ages and some dont that's just the way it is isn't it..
    Im not saying though its a 50/50 chance it will break im just saying its known to, if I see or hear about an issue im going to voice it, im not one of those people that will say a guns great just because I own one, im not saying you are either though..

Lets face it if we just took shops and manufactures word on things everything they sell would be fantastic lol..

I knew about the DW pawl issue and that a lot of them have a wobbly hammer, but still went out and bought one, its good to know the good and bad about things, no matter how rare or common they are a.

ATB, marc..

Webley MK VI

Will these ever be made in .177 pellet?.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamrob View Post
    Will these ever be made in .177 pellet?.
    Yes mate you can get them now, solware sell them so im sure other places can get them in as well..

http://www.solware.co.uk/webley-mk-6...ver-air-pistol

ATB, Marc..

Thanks Marc.

I think it's great to have replica usable guns in 'air' form and what a superb choice in the W & S Mk VI nice to see a British classic available to all. Yes the replica is heavy but that is how it should be, having owned a powder burner model way back when they were always heavy . Now I am waiting for the Fosberry replica as that was a real British classic ; not sure how they would get the blow back revolving semi auto cylinder to work though. I shot one many times but never owned one, I do however have an original handbook and that is an interesting read. However I reminisce too much, so anyone who has the replica 'go enjoy' the British shooting history in your possession.B to all
    abellringer

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    Yes mate you can get them now, solware sell them so im sure other places can get them in as well..

http://www.solware.co.uk/webley-mk-6...ver-air-pistol

ATB, Marc..
    Now why did you have to post a link to this...
    I was quite happy denying myself one as its just another bb gun and I don't want any more of them.
    Now if this gets released in the battlefield finish as well, then I'll have to risk almost certain dismemberment by the memsahib...

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Now why did you have to post a link to this...
    I was quite happy denying myself one as its just another bb gun and I don't want any more of them.
    Now if this gets released in the battlefield finish as well, then I'll have to risk almost certain dismemberment by the memsahib...
    Here, here!
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Worth a look.
    Bit annoying when they bring out a better? version when you have bought the first one.

I bought the metal Mauser which is nicer than the plastic one.
    However the plastic one is a bit more powerful and the metal mag leaked badly on first use!

The two models are different and I have yet to try the new metal mag.

The pellet cartridges on the DW s are higher quality than the bb ones and pellets are more accurate.
    So I guess we need to wait a while before buying new models.

I hope they don't do the same with the Peacemaker!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Whats the old software saying...."Never buy version 1.0 of anything"