Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Semi auto target pistol

Semi auto target pistol

Could somebody please explain to me why I fancy the idea of this type of target pistol? The guns I currently have are all perfectly capable of shooting high scores, with just me letting them down most of the time. Having searched the web over the past week or so, the gun that for whatever reason appeals to me the most is the Brno Aeron Chameleon.
    The thing is, why do I need a semi auto? In saying that, it must be fun having the capability to fire five shots without reloading. A Steyr LP50 would be nice, but is outside of my price range at present due to having bought a lot of pistols recently, which are all fantastic bye the way!
    Anyway, your thoughts regarding this current pre-occupation of mine and what you think of semi auto target pistols would be much appreciated. Do I need "help?"
    Thanks,
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Yes, you need help and I will help you by bringing my Cameleon up to the club next time Im there.

Now, hows about a 10m pistol speed shoot compt?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Speed Comp

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Yes, you need help and I will help you by bringing my Cameleon up to the club next time Im there.

Now, hows about a 10m pistol speed shoot compt?

ATB
    Ian
    What a great idea Ian my 5 should be back from uncle harry soon :-)
    Could I suggest a Le man's type start from the car park ;-)
    Hippo

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Could somebody please explain to me why I fancy the idea of this type of target pistol?

Do I need "help?"
    You are not alone. Despite only getting to shoot once in a blue moon, I have become transfixed by the idea of owning a Drulov DU-10 Condor. It would cost half a months wages, and I'd probably shoot it once or twice a year, but just look at it... imagine chasing beer cans down the lawn with it...

It's a sad state of affairs.

Matt

Semi auto target pistols are made for shooting Standard Pistol .
    12 five shot strings
    4 x150 sec
    4 x 20 sec
    4 x 10 sec
    I used to enjoy shooting standard pistol in .22 back when we were a free country
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

I've just started shooting standard pistol with my DU10, not as easy to shoot as the LP50 but still bloody good fun, once you get em set up right they are very consistent and reliable, when I first got it I was looking for a comp where I could shoot 5 shots in .5 of a second however once the trigger and power are set correct for the pellet being used I have found it to be a great pistol, seems to perform well with Geco's and hates R10's which is good with me cos they're cheap
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    Semi auto target pistols are made for shooting Standard Pistol .
    12 five shot strings
    4 x150 sec
    4 x 20 sec
    4 x 10 sec
    I used to enjoy shooting standard pistol in .22 back when we were a free country
    A most enjoyable course of fire with enormous emphasis on concentration, especially during the 10 second strings. Technique was for a smooth shot release trying desperately not to snatch the trigger. This was excellent training also for deliberate shooting - I last shot this course of fire (.22 rim-fire) in 1997 before the handgun ban; happy days! I also own a Chameleon which I bought specifically for this match but have only entered a few competitions with it.

Thanks for your thoughts folks. Somehow, it does not surprise me that Ian has one in the vaults, although I admit to not knowing about that particular gun Mr Jones! Anyway, you should be watching bikes tear around the Isle of Man at present. As Paul has suggested, we could consider a running start from the car park and set aside some 25 yard spinners. You could use roller skates...

Problem is, where do I find a nice used Chameleon? ( I fully expect a comment about an old lizard in a pet shop Ian so dont bother.)

Andy

oh, and Matt, are we childish for wanting such simple fun, or just simple?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    Me too
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

The British Pistol Club meetings offer a range of matches for 5 shot air pistols; Standard Pistol, Sport Pistol and Rapid Fire Pistol. What is your budget? Older LP5 pistols are still brilliant and go for about £500 for a decent one....much cheaper than an LP50.
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

We run both a Rapid Fire comp and a Standard Pistol half course over here in Yorkshire. The Rapid Fire is 4x5 shots, 10s per 5, on normal 10m Air 4/89 cards at 10m. The SP half course is 2x5 in 10s ans 2x5 in 20s on Air 10/97 cards and 2x5 in 150s on Air 4/89 cards.

Great fun and I much prefer these comps to deliberate fire. I use the US Bullseye apps for timing the different sections.

I initially shot the RF with a DU10 but couldn't resist an LP50 and now shoot both with this. The latter is an insane pistol and it's relatively straight forward to plink pellet tins at 35 yards with it, sugar cubes take a few more ranging in shots but are doable at the same range.

Cheers,

Mick

How do i enter these Yorkshire leagues? They sound like good fun. We have 10m turning targets at my club so are able to work to these timings...
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Quote Originally Posted by Fierynick View Post
    How do i enter these Yorkshire leagues? They sound like good fun. We have 10m turning targets at my club so are able to work to these timings...
    I think you might have to shoot in a Yorkshire based club since its the Yorkshire Small Bore Rifle and Pistol Association comps. I'll have a look at who's shooting and from where and get back to you.

Cheers,

Mick

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Whats the difference between the chameleon and the B-96?
    God rest ye jelly mental men