Thread: HW 45 silver star 177

HW 45 silver star 177

Took this out pigeon shooting for moments of boredom when things were slack.

I couldn't believe the power of the thing, and the ease with which I could hit shell decoys at 30 yds with open sights. The pellet was well embedded in the hard plastic too. Chronoed it at just about 5 ft lb with JSBs. It was hitting a drinks bottle very well at abut 42 yds. Brilliant pistol. Anyone know what scope would fit it,?

I use a simple red dot/ reflex sight on my alecto. It works brilliantly but over about 25 yds the dot can obscure small targets and also it has no magnification. I have been hunting this sight for info on a mildot sight, but most seem to feel a small pistol scope upsets the balance. I would love to find one for my standard hw45 but like you I am still looking for best advice.

If you must spoil it with a scope - Please note that HW decided to be awkward by making the HW45 dovetail wider (13mm IIRC) than any other post 1976 HW dovetail, so that most of your spare mounts won't fit on there.

Hw45

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    If you must spoil it with a scope - Please note that HW decided to be awkward by making the HW45 dovetail wider (13mm IIRC) than any other post 1976 HW dovetail, so that most of your spare mounts won't fit on there.
    Hi
    Try simple Hawk RD25 red dot.
    I have 4 Hw45's and tried various low powered pistol scopes but the RD25 has been the best and a bargain.
    It comes with mounts which centralise the scope and have never shifted.
    No magnification but not needed at pistol ranges.
    It's small too and doesn't affect balance.
    Highly recommended.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wildy View Post
    Hi
    Try simple Hawk RD25 red dot.
    I have 4 Hw45's and tried various low powered pistol scopes but the RD25 has been the best and a bargain.
    It comes with mounts which centralise the scope and have never shifted.
    No magnification but not needed at pistol ranges.
    It's small too and doesn't affect balance.
    Highly recommended.
    Cheers

I stand to be corrected but I think the Black/silver star now has an 11mm dovetail rail.
    I fitted a Weaver 11mm red dot onto my B/S, no issues.

Good luck, Phil