Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Sport compression tube

Pro Sport compression tube

Hi all

I have issues with my PS!!

Does anyone know if there was/is a problem with some of the compression tubes?
    For one I found that the screw hole where the cocking lever is screwed on with
    was leaking air.
    Immediately increased my fps.
    Had to try 3 seals before one worked properly.
    I have gone through all the motions, breach seal, piston seal, relubing, weighted or delrin top hat,
    power washers.....the lot.
    Even tried a HW77 breach seal with an o-ring under it.

Lent a buddies internals that he swears is origional, bit heavy to cock and will give no
    more than 760 fps.

Any ideas?

The end of the comp tube unscrews (will need heat!) and there is an o-ring in there. forget the size now but may find one on a search on here. User Mattyboy did a post about the firing a size a while back....

Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    The end of the comp tube unscrews (will need heat!) and there is an o-ring in there. forget the size now but may find one on a search on here. User Mattyboy did a post about the firing a size a while back....
    Thanx

Ola

Can't find that post of Mattyboy anywhere.
    Searched on his username.

Yeah, I've tried too lol.

I've managed to replace them with another size but I don't have them to hand. If you got the end plug out you could always seal with loctite (the green stuff, not the blue). Or even glue.

When you take it apart, could you measure something for me? The distance from the edge of the threaded hole (for the cocking arm) to the inner face of the plug? On the TX you can shorten the end plug down to the oring shoulder, so you shorten the TP. I'm pretty sure you can't do this on the PS because of the way the cocking arm is attached.

When you take it apart, could you measure something for me? The distance from the edge of the threaded hole (for the cocking arm) to the inner face of the plug? On the TX you can shorten the end plug down to the oring shoulder, so you shorten the TP. I'm pretty sure you can't do this on the PS because of the way the cocking arm is attached.
    Watch this thread, will take a day or two.

Unscrews? No way mine would! Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuberboef View Post
    Hi all

I have issues with my PS!!

Does anyone know if there was/is a problem with some of the compression tubes?
    For one I found that the screw hole where the cocking lever is screwed on with
    was leaking air.
    Immediately increased my fps.
    Had to try 3 seals before one worked properly.
    I have gone through all the motions, breach seal, piston seal, relubing, weighted or delrin top hat,
    power washers.....the lot.
    Even tried a HW77 breach seal with an o-ring under it.

Lent a buddies internals that he swears is origional, bit heavy to cock and will give no
    more than 760 fps.

Any ideas?
    THere shouldn't be air coming through this screw hole as the high pressure is on the other side of the piston and seal. SO maybe this points to the end plug o ring. Others have also mentioned to me the delrin buttons blowing as well. Similar wisdom also points to HW type seal being more efficient.

I recently had cocking screw issues with my PS and ended up changing the tube for a new on (£48 quid!). With std spring, delrin top hat and 3 preload washers I got 11.3 ftlbs on AA Fields.

Is your spring OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Simonsays View Post
    Unscrews? No way mine would! Good luck with that.
    You need to heat it up! Some are easier than others though... Can be a pig too.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonsays View Post
    THere shouldn't be air coming through this screw hole as the high pressure is on the other side of the piston and seal. SO maybe this points to the end plug o ring. - Yup.

Others have also mentioned to me the delrin buttons blowing as well -

Similar wisdom also points to HW type seal being more efficient. - Massive improvement!

I recently had cocking screw issues with my PS and ended up changing the tube for a new on (£48 quid!). With std spring, delrin top hat and 3 preload washers I got 11.3 ftlbs on AA Fields.

Is your spring OK?
    Last edited by brucegill; 08-07-2015 at 04:12 PM. Reason: gave bad info,,, now deleted.

Make sure the screw hole in the comp tube isn't oval'd, I had something similar to this. Played havoc with the breech seals. I think I ended up replacing the comp tube altogether.
    Basc member

*** Looking for a Diana 54/52 ***

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    It's not much mate, ask Charlie PS.177 - I;d suggest that a far better tune for the PS is a 23/22mm sleave down and sleave the port too...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    It's not much mate, ask Charlie PS.177 - I;d suggest that a far better tune for the PS is a 23/22mm sleave down and sleave the port too...

Cheers Jon!

You need to heat it up! Some are easier than others though... Can be a pig too.
    Yep, did all that. No way it was coming apart. Tricky also to get a good grip on a smooth cylinder. I good trick I learnt since is to make a grip from wood. Drill a hole the size of the tube, cut in half and use the halves in a vice to grip firmly.

I actually wrecked my comp tube trying to get it to come apart. Even full on grip in a vice, blow torch to heat it and loadsa leverage wouldnt budge it. I have read it came apart with gloved fingers for others.

Anyway, all history now and the new tube is in.