Thread: Lov 21 Problem

Lov 21 Problem

Following the good press on the BBS and our own observations we bought a new Drulov Lov 21 yesterday as a club gun for RMTC.

The pistol is nice and shoots well and is excellent value for money but ours has a problem - it shoots way over to the left of the target.

Several others tried it after I could not get the shots across towards the middle of the card and JG seemed to have even more difficulty with it than I did (and so did the other members who then tried it later) so it is the pistol at fault and it is not just any individual shooter(s) eyesight alignment.

We now have the rear sight adjusted as far across to the right as it can go and the shots are still to the left of the target centre.

Naturally I am keen to open the rear sight and make the small trigger mod to further improve what is already a very nice little performer but I am reluctant to do any of this until this problem is resolved.

There seems to be very little other adjustment available to us that can centralise the shots better and with the rear sight already across to its extreme and still not reaching the dead centre of the target my current thoughts are that we should just return it and ask for another one in exchange.

Has anyone else had any problems like this or is ours just an unfortunate "freak" that we should return to our local supplying dealer for an exchange?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

My 21 was shooting to the left out of the box and the rear sight is a definite right of centre now the pistol is sighted in.
    I think your only option is to contact the dealer and see if it can be exchanged.
    Eric.

Twist it !!

It turns out that you can loosen the plastic casing and twist it to restore the correct sight alignment!!

The screws are not often tightened up too much so that may be why some of the Lov 21 come shooting to one side or the other.

Once the plastic mouldings are "corrected" and tightened up fully the rear sight can be centralised to restore its equal adjustment from left to right.

While its apart you can take the opportunity to lube it properly (mine and another I have seen were dry of any sort of grease or oil) and bend the leg of the trigger spring to reduce the trigger pull weight to a more reasonable level. Ive got mine set at 600 gram.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Our Lov 21 is now shooting where it is pointed (with the rear sight centralised) and it looks like it will be a very good addition to our club armoury.

JG had already lubricated the pistol as it was delivered very dry with no lubricant from new. IJ had a play with it and bunged all ten shots in the black using R10 pellets once he adjusted the rear sight height to suite his aiming point.

The trigger feels good without any modification but the loading prod is very stiff to operate so I will grease it up a little bit more and wait for it to wear-in.

IJ reports that the loading prod on his own Lov 21 is now nice and free but it also started life being a bit stiff to operate so I am happy to wait for ours to bed itself in as it is already better after the first nights use so it may not take too long

The next time I venture into the wilderness (Rawtenstall) I will bring you my Lov21 so you can have a comparison shoot. Ive added weights to the front (self adhesive wheel weights in this case) and modified the grip will Milliput. The trigger weight is now down to 600g. Im well pleased with the way this budget pistol shoots.

ATB
    Ian

Bob, I dismantled my own 21 and used some fine wet/dry on the bolt to reduce the friction. I also applied some "Dri-Slide" and can confirm that the loading process on mine is far better than the one on that Jones blokes. Its just a pity that I cant shoot mine quite as accurately as he seems to be able to shoot his. I reckon he has devised a homing device for his pellets, as try as I might, I can never approach his scores.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Bob, I dismantled my own 21 and used some fine wet/dry on the bolt to reduce the friction. I also applied some "Dri-Slide" and can confirm that the loading process on mine is far better than the one on that Jones blokes. Its just a pity that I cant shoot mine quite as accurately as he seems to be able to shoot his. I reckon he has devised a homing device for his pellets, as try as I might, I can never approach his scores.

Andy
    Thanks for the tip Andy - the loading bolt on our pistol is very stiff at the moment so I will take your advice and give it a little polish.

I don't have any Dri-Slide so I will have to take a look to see where to get some as it will come in handy for other things too.

Meanwhile I will rub it on IJ's head the next time he is at the club as the grease should work for a while and I will take my chances on the Lov 21 getting dandruff

The cocking lever rubs directly on the bottom of the barrel. Cheap design, yes, but then its a cheap pistol. A dollop of moly grease will help here.

Andy (AMAC) - may I remind you that cocking the nicest doesn't bring home the bacon. My p.b. with my Lov is a 47 ex 50 @ 10m single handed which presently resides on the RMTC club noticeboard (which has rough edges ;-) )

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Andy (AMAC) - may I remind you that cocking the nicest doesn't bring home the bacon. My p.b. with my Lov is a 47 ex 50 @ 10m single handed which presently resides on the RMTC club noticeboard (which has rough edges ;-) )

ATB
    Ian
    Its only got rough edges where you keep jumping up and down and clawing away at it in your attempt to gain enough height to see anything that is shown on the notice board.

Your (witnessed) 47 ex 50 with your Lov 21 is indeed on display on our club notice board - its a shame you can't see it