Thread: Nikolai sterling euro hunter niteater

Nikolai sterling euro hunter niteater

Would just like to say I'm very disappointed with this scope. Clarity and accuracy are fine but tried to zero in at 60yrds and I run out of clicks on the elevation turret and not even close it was dropping about 4" from bulls eye. So no going to try my ags colbolt to see if that's any better. Any advice greatly appreciated and its sitting on a BSA r10 mk2 in .22
    Thanks in advance.
    AA S400 superlite .177
    Stealth(crap I know) .22
    BSA Mercury .22(first ever air rifle and won't let her go ever)

Thumbs up

Sight in at 30 yards and use hold over
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Scope

hi grev from cambridge i use a 6-24*56 nighteater and i have no problems with this scope.and i shoot at 50yds.if your air rifle ammo is dropping low at the target put a shin in the rear end scope that is the one near to your eye.i have this problem in the past.hopeing that helps you

Use lowest mounts as poss to reduce distance between ret and centre of bore
    A few nice rifles

He's running out of 'up', not running out of 'down'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    He's running out of 'up', not running out of 'down'.
    I always thought running lower mounts and packing rear mount would give you more up
    A few nice rifles

Quote Originally Posted by magnummike View Post
    I always thought running lower mounts and packing rear mount would give you more up
    For shooting at long range, more scope height = less clicks of elevation required for a given distance... like lobbing a tennis ball over the net, you need a high line of sight to even see the POI... but then, you may be right, because more scope height requires more rear mount height in the first place... arrrrgh, my brain hurts!!

I also have a 6x24X56 Nighteater and have used it zeroed from 10 Yards to 50 without any problems with the elevation turret. I normally zero the rifle @ 30 yards and at 80 yards it just needs about 5 mil dot correction shooting JSB EXACTs 8.44 gr.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I also have a 6x24X56 Nighteater and have used it zeroed from 10 Yards to 50 without any problems with the elevation turret. I normally zero the rifle @ 30 yards and at 80 yards it just needs about 5 mil dot correction shooting JSB EXACTs 8.44 gr.

A.G
    Is that at X10 Lensman as most of my rifles seem to be 5 Mil at 80y on X10 ATB Mike
    A few nice rifles

Scope shooting low

hi if your scope is shooting low try putting a small piece of packing on the rear of the scope so it lies on the rear mount then lay your scope on it.i have
    had this problem in the past.i have found this works every time hope this helps you grev

Quote Originally Posted by grev View Post
    hi if your scope is shooting low try putting a small piece of packing on the rear of the scope so it lies on the rear mount then lay your scope on it.i have
    had this problem in the past.i have found this works every time hope this helps you grev
    Exactly, I had to use 0.75mm thick piece of aluminium plate to properly zero my 6-24x Vector scope at 100M. Also, check your scope mounts. To me it sounds like there's something wrong with them if you ran out of adjustments at only 40 yards.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

Quote Originally Posted by magnummike View Post
    Is that at X10 Lensman as most of my rifles seem to be 5 Mil at 80y on X10 ATB Mike
    Yes mostly I zero at 10X or at odd times at 12X just to land the exact distance markers on the mildots.

A.G

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Shim rear mount or use height adjustable mounts, like Sportsmatch ATP61

For details, read here:

http://www.fekete-moro.hu/bfta-setup...l/index-en.php

(yes, I know it's a 2 yr-old thread, but the link will help others looking to deal with the same problem....)

Jerry

clicks

you can get the adjustable scope mounts if you want to maximise your elevation on your scope.

otherwise as has been said just use holdover with mill dots