Thread: another HW100 cylinder question -

another HW100 cylinder question -

this is different from my other thread, if it needs adding to that one then apologies to mods

I have priced up a replacement genuine full length cylinder from versandhaus (as well as the a&m offering) but they offer 2 versions of the cylinder which is confusing.

The first option is a cylinder for the german legal limit of 7.5 joules, the second is a cylinder for what they call their FAC variant which is for the 16 joule version? (which equates to our 12ftlb) didn't realise there was a difference in the cylinders as I thought the regulator for these rifles is in the gun itself? what would be the reason for their difference in the cylinders? both are the same price

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Total guess but if they are the same length maybe the lower power one has a lower safe working pressure?

The other a higher safe working pressure?
    Master Debater

your other option is an FX cylinder from Steve Pope of V Mach.
    I think three different lengths/capacities and the option to add a mono if desired.

I looked at the german site but it offe4ed no translation so in the dark.
    If your rifle is sub 12 then there seems little point in choosing a cylinder rated below this level.
    FAC is only an FAC when in specific countries. The UK is 12 FPE so thats the output you require.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    your other option is an FX cylinder from Steve Pope of V Mach.
    I think three different lengths/capacities and the option to add a mono if desired.

I looked at the german site but it offe4ed no translation so in the dark.
    If your rifle is sub 12 then there seems little point in choosing a cylinder rated below this level.
    FAC is only an FAC when in specific countries. The UK is 12 FPE so thats the output you require.
    thanks for the input, but fail to see the relevance re the v mach, I didn't ask about this cylinder and don't want to punt out £188quid for a cylinder then another £69 for the gauge? plus they also offer a different cylinder for FAC versions as well

the german one is £126 delivered, for an original full length, quick fill with gauge. German guns by design are set at 7.5 joule to comply with their airgun law, but their FAC are 16 joule - our 12ftlb - hence the reason I was asking about the different types of cylinder they offer and reasons for the difference. I was asking here in the hope that someone might possibly know, I have already sent the german retailer an email - just too impatient to wait until tomorrow for a reply!!

. . . .

The only difference is, the pressure gauges are marked up differently,
    16 joule version has the yellow / green at 90Bar ...
    . . . Please INDICATE when overtaking cyclists !!

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHenderson View Post
    The only difference is, the pressure gauges are marked up differently,
    16 joule version has the yellow / green at 90Bar ...
    now THAT's the answer I was looking for!!

you sir, are a star. kudos

[QUOTE=spaspecker;6743712]thanks for the input, but fail to see the relevance re the v mach, I didn't ask about this cylinder and don't want to punt out £188quid for a cylinder then another £69 for the gauge? plus they also offer a different cylinder for FAC versions as well

the german one is £126 delivered, for an original full length, quick fill with gauge. German guns by design are set at 7.5 joule to comply with their airgun law, but their FAC are 16 joule - our 12ftlb - hence the reason I was asking about the different types of cylinder they offer and reasons for the difference. I was asking here in the hope that someone might possibly know, I have already sent the german retailer an email - just too impatient to wait until tomorrow for a reply!![/QUOTE

The FX was mentioned as it is an option. It is sourced UK but St3ve is extremely helpful when it comes to any tech queries or if any servicing issues arise. you are unlikely to get this from the german based counterparts plus increased shipping issues.
    It isnt always a price issue and I dont recall you mentioning you wanted cha3pest source.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

The FX was mentioned as it is an option
    and whilst your input was appreciated, I did say I had already found a source for an original weihrauch - I never mentioned v mach?

It isnt always a price issue and I dont recall you mentioning you wanted cha3pest source.
    never said I wanted cheapest source? did say I had priced original weihrauch, which happens to be over £100 cheaper than the alternative you mentioned? that's a substantial saving for an OEM part

you are unlikely to get this from the german based counterparts plus increased shipping issues
    don't see how? anything returned to the germans is always done by them supplying you a prepaid return shipment method, I have used them in the past and their customer service has always been excellent?

anyway, all irrelevant now as my questions have been answered. Many thanks to all who participated. Just need to decide now if I want original weihrauch or a&m, not much in it pricewise