Thread: Bushnell Elite Click Reading Problem

Bushnell Elite Click Reading Problem

I have just purchased a Bushnell Elite 4200 8x32 and I am finding it very difficult to read the clicks on the turret, they are very small, badly coloured and at my age the eyes aren't what they used to be. I don't wear glasses to shoot and don't find a problem with any other scope click adjuster.

Has anyone ever replaced the standard turret with a larger easier to read one, if so where can I get one from?

Paul

Try Dave Welham at Airmasters in Hemel Hempstead. He hade one for my burris for £30.00

Pete

I heard there is a bloke in your club who can make things like turrets

If you bring it to the club tonight, anytime after 8:00pm, he will be there. Look for the bloke holding a copy of last weeks Sunday Post and wearing a carnation in his right buttonhole

Darren Petts Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CWhytock
    I heard there is a bloke in your club who can make things like turrets

If you bring it to the club tonight, anytime after 8:00pm, he will be there. Look for the bloke holding a copy of last weeks Sunday Post and wearing a carnation in his right buttonhole
    Could be tricky picking you out of the crowd, might need something easier to recognise you by.

I was about to e-mail you regarding said problem but now i don't need to, can't make tonight, been twice this week already and don't fancy trying to find a way around "T In The Park". I think Khalid is going tonight so I will see if he can bring his scope along for you to have a look at, I think it could be tricky to modify, although a bit of bluetack and a champagne cork might do the trick.

Paul

Okay then I'll walk with a limp, talk with a slight Russian accent and the recognition phrase will be "hello big boy, do you come here often?".

If the bluetack and a champagne cork doesn't work I could always scratch some random mil-dots onto the optics

Quote Originally Posted by CWhytock
    Okay then I'll walk with a limp, talk with a slight Russian accent and the recognition phrase will be "hello big boy, do you come here often?".

If the bluetack and a champagne cork doesn't work I could always scratch some random mil-dots onto the optics
    That should do the trick and random mildots scratched into the optics might just match my random shooting.

P.S. You might need to wear a toggle and practise your dib dib dib etc tonight from what Khalid says.

Paul

You can get somebody like Neiluk to make a larger turret for you. This will need to be screwed to your existing turret though. I should have some knocking around somewhere if you need, i ordered some extra's for the very same reason.

several years later, I have found the spare turret caps, i've sent you an email.
    sorry for the delay.