Thread: Can a store in France post a pistol directly to me?

Can a store in France post a pistol directly to me?

I am trying to buy a Umarex Python and wanted a 6" black version (let the jokes commence). However, its seem that 4" is the only option, as the 6" is onoy sold in Nickle.

So i placed an order with my local RFD a few weeks back and was told that it should have arrived in stock this week, but it didnt and now i am faced with a 4-5 week wait.

Out of curiosity i started to look overseas and found that i can buy it in France 30% cheaper.. But not only that, they sell a 6" Black version. I contacted Umarex and apparantly they did a limited run for the French market, so this is somewhat rare.

Everything i have read seem to indicate that i can simply order it and have it delivered to my home address, but before i place the order, could someone confirm that this is the case.. I dont mind how long it takes but obviously dont want it confiscated if i have misunderstood the law.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Jon

Yep, it should be fine.

Lots of people on here order guns from abroad. You have to be careful of differing power limits but for this kind of gun it's unlikely to be a problem.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Qui!
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Tres Bien

Well that was easy.. Other than a bit of remedial French, the order was placed without effort.

I can't believe how much cheaper it is.. Even with shipping, the Black 6" Umarex Python was £70.. And considering that its not available elsewhere, that makes it quite rare. And it will be delivered in days, rather than waiting 4-5 weeks for my local RFD to supply it. Plus they sent me a 10% voucher off my next order.

I also bought a PX4 Storm whilst I was at it.. That came in at £100, which is still much cheaper than anyone in the UK..

Seems too good to be true.. If this works out, it looks like all my future gun purchases are coming from France!

Jon

Thumbs up ....

so which french shop was it ??
    if you dont want to post a link, then pm me
    merci
    . . . Please INDICATE when overtaking cyclists !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jweaver View Post
    I am trying to buy a Umarex Python and wanted a 6" black version (let the jokes commence). However, its seem that 4" is the only option, as the 6" is onoy sold in Nickle
    Jon
    which umarex python are you asking about? to my knowledge there are 2 umarex python variants, one is an all metal BB shooter with shells, the other is a polymer variant that shoots pellets and bb's? and without wishing to try to disappoint you apparently the latter is quite poor? the price you paid shipped is around what this particular version sells for here in the UK

version 1 - BB shooter with shells

version 2 - BB and pellet shooter

Quote Originally Posted by spaspecker View Post
    which umarex python are you asking about? to my knowledge there are 2 umarex python variants, one is an all metal BB shooter with shells, the other is a polymer variant that shoots pellets and bb's? and without wishing to try to disappoint you apparently the latter is quite poor? the price you paid shipped is around what this particular version sells for here in the UK

version 1 - BB shooter with shells

version 2 - BB and pellet shooter
    Its the full metal BB version.. Not the Plastic Pellet version... Double checked that before i ordered.

Here is a link

http://europsurplus.com/fr/pistolets...co-umarex.html

Both arrived today. They are exactly what I hoped/expected (i.e Full Metal Python and Umarex PX4 Storm). Faultless service.. Took 5 days to arrive and a bargain price too! Very happy.

I am a bit undecided as to whether the 6" Python is a good length as its HUGE.. But I am not sure I like the shorter 4" any better.. I still have my 4" on order in the UK, as its now for a friends Christmas Present, so am going to compare them both and let him have my least favorite.

But it has to be said.. 90 Euros for a 6" Umarex Python is a pretty good deal, especially when its rare!

Jon
    Last edited by Jweaver; 21-07-2015 at 12:11 PM.