On the back of a recommendation on the Colt Peacemaker thread, I ordered a hand made holster for my new nickel plated CO2 Colt from John Beattie. The holster arrived today and to say I'm impressed does it an injustice as it feels like a major understatement. John offers a number of authentic styles, which look historically correct and are not based on the usual 'Hollywood' style Buscadero rig, which places the revolver half way down the thigh. Whilst John can make such a rig, an authentic looking Mexican Loop holster that sits higher on the hip was my choice. A number of bullet loops that accept the .32/.38 sized Umarex 'shells' make an ideal place to display spare cartridges and a leather cap pouch holds either spare ball or loose shells. The rig cost me £150, which was a bargain when you consider the quality and authentic styling. I've attached a few snaps of my new 'rig' which is almost too good to use and is certainly good enough to display alongside the revolver.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qxl6n0ccf...q45qy2jHa?dl=0

Spare 'shells' for the SAA are available either from Germany (www.sportwaffen-schneider.de) or from the States via that auction site. Just enter Colt Peacemaker Rotary Magazine to search.

John