Thread: Accessories for the Umarex Colt SAA

Accessories for the Umarex Colt SAA

On the back of a recommendation on the Colt Peacemaker thread, I ordered a hand made holster for my new nickel plated CO2 Colt from John Beattie. The holster arrived today and to say I'm impressed does it an injustice as it feels like a major understatement. John offers a number of authentic styles, which look historically correct and are not based on the usual 'Hollywood' style Buscadero rig, which places the revolver half way down the thigh. Whilst John can make such a rig, an authentic looking Mexican Loop holster that sits higher on the hip was my choice. A number of bullet loops that accept the .32/.38 sized Umarex 'shells' make an ideal place to display spare cartridges and a leather cap pouch holds either spare ball or loose shells. The rig cost me £150, which was a bargain when you consider the quality and authentic styling. I've attached a few snaps of my new 'rig' which is almost too good to use and is certainly good enough to display alongside the revolver.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qxl6n0ccf...q45qy2jHa?dl=0

Spare 'shells' for the SAA are available either from Germany (www.sportwaffen-schneider.de) or from the States via that auction site. Just enter Colt Peacemaker Rotary Magazine to search.

John

Excellent work from JB.
    I am sad enough to have two rigs and a few holsters already.
    Not of his standard but free and one as a gift!

My Colts are keeping me very amused at the moment.
    Range shoot tomorrow!

Many thanks for your order John and for your post much appreciated, im real pleased you like your new rig and hope it give you many hours of fun and im so pleased you went with an authentic style of rig.

Take care
    john
    www.pistolleather.co.uk

That looks very smart indeed, was the holster £150???
    ATB, marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    That looks very smart indeed, was the holster £150???
    ATB, marc
    Hi Mark,

My rig consists of cartridge belt, holster and cap pouch for loose ball. I'd thoroughly recommend one!

John