Thread: Original Mod.6 service

Original Mod.6 service

Hi, after many years hidden in a cupboard I have found my Original Mod. 6G M, still in the two part polystyrene box and yellow cardboard sleeve. It has the twist sleeve around the barrel that makes it easier to cock. The spring/s still feel very strong but a fired pellet hardly travels twenty feet so i presume the seals need replacing. Is it worth having this work done? if so where? or should I just sell "as is"? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Helllo, and welcome to the forum.

DM80 has a great reputation for servicing the Diana target rifles, so no doubt he'd also sort your pistol. His profile and contact details are here.

Alternatively it might be worth trying City Air Weapons in Solihull. They did my FWB65 a few years ago.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by itsbarryhere View Post
    Hi, after many years hidden in a cupboard I have found my Original Mod. 6G M, still in the two part polystyrene box and yellow cardboard sleeve. It has the twist sleeve around the barrel that makes it easier to cock. The spring/s still feel very strong but a fired pellet hardly travels twenty feet so i presume the seals need replacing. Is it worth having this work done? if so where? or should I just sell "as is"? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-Advice-Please
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.