Thread: Webley Mk 3

Webley Mk 3

Hi Gents
    I have a question on behalf of a friend who wishes to buy a .177 Webley Mk 3 (original condition) with a view to cleaning/restoring as necessary he is unsure of what would be a sensible price to pay I've estimated £100-150 would this be a sensible figure.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

The most anyone would pay for an exceptional and most common examples is £200. Mint or "interesting" then a bit more. So for a fair condition then £120 or so. Rough then £65. The thing is there are a lot about and £120 is not a lot so people tend to just keep them. There is only £40 between selling and no sale too and everyone thinks they are worth more than they warrant.
    Great looking rifles though not that accurate other than at farmyard ranges.

Missed the .177... so can add £30 to my prices as they are harder to find. Doesn't make them a better rifle though.
    Last edited by Muskett; 18-07-2015 at 04:43 PM.

Mk 3 .177

Reckon you're not too far out price wise. But you don't often see standard .177 Mk 3's offered for sale. Plenty of .22's. (I was quite happy to pay £160ish for a near mint early one recently).
    But in .177. guns offered seem to be SuperTargets - or standard ones fitted with P/Hale sights to look like S/T's. Can't say I've seen a genuine S/T under £200 since I've been looking for one.

I guess the reason may be that 'back in the day' .22's were regarded as hunting gun's, & '177's as more target orientated - & a serious target shooter would go for the SuperTarget. So not that many standard .177's were sold.
    I found when looking for early AirSporters, apart from the Club version, I saw far more in .22 than .177.

My 2p worth

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Shame

Stourbridge is bit of a treck, because I have just bought a handful of old target rifles and there is 2 .177 in the deal, one is an early fluted stock jobbie with PH peep sight and the other later model missing a few bits...

Thanks for all the responses so far, the gentleman in question has set a maximum of £200 to go on and by the quotes so far I think he will pick somthing up. As you say .177 is the more difficult to find all have been .22 so far.
    The gentleman also used to be an engineer for Saxby and Palmer and built the Saxby and Palmer Ensign cartridge air rifle I'm trying to get him on here as I'm sure he would be a knowledgable member!!
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

I have a very nice early .177.
    Sold to me by an Anglo Saxon from Surrey.