Thread: Lp2/lp10

Lp2/lp10

After debating for some time I have decided to buy a new pistol, I have been trying an LP10 and LP2 for a couple of months now along side my LP1, in that time I have learnt one thing.....I shoot the LP2 far better than the LP10, Yep, it's lower spec and a "budget" pistol compared to the LP10 but it feels so right in my hand and I find it so much easier to shoot well that I have gone against the general opinions of fellow shooters and got myself a low spec, budget LP2, I'm not suggesting for one minute the LP10 isn't a great pistol, I'm sure it is, but for me the LP2 was the winner..... why spend more I something I just don't shoot as well,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Same here! Shot side-by-side on the same day under the same conditions I find I score better with my LP2 than I do with my all singing all dancing LP10. I cant figure it either. Oh, the joys of pistol shooting.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    I shoot the LP2 far better than the LP10, it feels so right in my hand and I find it so much easier to shoot well, for me the LP2 was the winner..... why spend more I something I just don't shoot as well,
    These are the relevant points and answer the question you pose.

Enjoy your LP2.

Cheers,

Mick

Whats also great is the my wife who was not exactly over joyed with me getting another pistol is pleased with me for taking the lower cost option (cos her feelings where of course high on my list of priorities when buying!! ) so now I not only have a shiney new pistol to enjoy shooting but the missus is now actually very happy and almost thanking me for getting it
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

The LP2 is a nice pistol and does suite some better than others - but when I bought mine it only came with one air cylinder as standard whereas the LP10 came with two cylinders.

When the second cylinder was added to the cost of the LP2 there was not a lot of difference in price between buying it new with two cylinders or buying an LP10 new that came with two cylinders as standard.

I bought my LP2 because I preferred it - but not because there was any real saving in price when both pistols new price's were compared with each other if both were specified with two cylinders.

The LP2 is rather more sophisticated than the LP10 in the loading area as it has the guide in which to place the pellet and the prod to ensure correct placement and seating depth every time - the LP10 has the pellet pushed into the end of the barrel by your finger - nice and simple but rather more crude in engineering terms.

What is the current price of the LP2 and LP10 and does the LP2 still only come with one cylinder with the option to add a second at extra cost?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Lp2

I'm another one for the LP2, and I've tried LPP10 and LP10e in standard and compact versions (by switching the barrels), also Morini short and long. I bought mine recently and find the lighter weight is just right, and like the nudge it gives when the shot is released. The grip does not suit me though, I have a Rink on order arriving in a few days.

To answer Bob's point , Bob Cleveley quoted £1050 for a LP2 with 1 cylinder,(UK spec has LP10 type rear sight) an additional cylinder could be bought for about £100, so it works out at approx £100 or so less than an LP10,
    No recoil absorber on the LP2 (but many people do not want that) but a better designed loading chamber.
    Last edited by silvershooter; 19-07-2015 at 10:32 AM.
    Evo 10 Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    I'm another one for the LP2, and I've tried LPP10 and LP10e in standard and compact versions (by switching the barrels), also Morini short and long. I bought mine recently and find the lighter weight is just right, and like the nudge it gives when the shot is released. The grip does not suit me though, I have a Rink on order arriving in a few days.

To answer Bob's point , Bob Cleveley quoted £1050 for a LP2 with 1 cylinder,(UK spec has LP10 type rear sight) an additional cylinder could be bought for about £100, so it works out at approx £100 or so less than an LP10,
    No recoil absorber on the LP2 (but many people do not want that) but a better designed loading chamber.
    That sounds like quite a competitive price from Bob for a new LP2 and £100 for a new Steyr cylinder sounds good too.

I am pleasantly surprised :roll eyes:

Does anyone have an even better price for a new LP2 and new spare cylinders by any chance?

Edenkillie have them listed at £960 and a spare cylinder for £101.
    John

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Buinger.de have them listed for 1,119 euros
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

LP2 or LP10?

I'm another who bought the LP2 in preference to an LP10, it simply suited me better than the 10. I think the ballance and weight distribution is better, and it suits those of smaller build better.
    The 2 mechanical trigger is equal to the 10's, although I think the electronic 10 is better. Fitted with the 8 hole muzzle thingy, and with the velocity left on standard ( a lot get wound up) they shoot almost totaly recoiless. The breech is better than the 10 as Bob has already commented on. If you have small hands or short fingers they can be adjusted and modded to short reach trigger better than the 10.
    There are 6 of them in our club, one was used by a now retired club member to win the British Championships a few years ago, so not a lot of problem with them. All the ones in our club are compacts, including mine, significant? My personal view is the compact is better. Try a compact before you buy, you may join the shorty club!
    Have fun and Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I'm another who bought the LP2 in preference to an LP10, it simply suited me better than the 10. I think the ballance and weight distribution is better, and it suits those of smaller build better.
    The 2 mechanical trigger is equal to the 10's, although I think the electronic 10 is better. Fitted with the 8 hole muzzle thingy, and with the velocity left on standard ( a lot get wound up) they shoot almost totaly recoiless. The breech is better than the 10 as Bob has already commented on. If you have small hands or short fingers they can be adjusted and modded to short reach trigger better than the 10.
    There are 6 of them in our club, one was used by a now retired club member to win the British Championships a few years ago, so not a lot of problem with them. All the ones in our club are compacts, including mine, significant? My personal view is the compact is better. Try a compact before you buy, you may join the shorty club!
    Have fun and Good shooting
    Robin
    The short LP2 pistols have a very healthy "crack" when they are fired. . . . . they certainly keep everyone awake and leave a lovely ringing sensation in your ears as you drive home afterwards

I have an LP10 full length with I have converted to an LP2!!!!!!!
    shroud off,and LP2 muzzle break fitted,looks nicer feels nicer,now just have to get some practice in
    I always do things the wrong way round and the most expensive way