Hi,

I have just started out 10m pistol target shooting and I am currently using the club guns. Yes I know all about waiting before getting your own etc, but the main problem with this is that I cannot take the club ones home and have a practice in the garden, get used to getting a consistent sight picture or just trying to get a steadier aim. I reckon I can get 10m by shooting into the shed from outside. This will also make it nice and easy to place a decent backstop.
Ultimately I am looking for a Steyr LP10 and my Dad will be on the lookout for a decent 2nd hand one in Luxembourg once he is back from his holidays. They are quite a bit cheaper than over here and with him having been in gun clubs since 1983, he has plenty of contacts. In the meantime I am after a cheapish gun to get me into the swing of things.
As I have had a refund from a tablet that just didn't work right (after having it well over 6 months), I have decided to not to buy another, but spend it on a pistol, so I have £2-300 to play with (already spent some of the refund so that's what's left). Wasn't too hard a choice. a few hundred on something that will be obsolete in a few months or a few hundred on a gun. As I class this as the lower end of the spectrum money wise, I am leaning more towards brand new, especially as I cannot find much 2nd hand nearby. I don't want a good deal to not be so good once I have costed in the travel. Ideally not a CO2 pistol as by the time you factor in the cartridges, they don't seem such a bargain (and a headache if you forget and run out of them).
Current thoughts are (all in .177):
Gamo Compact, Weihrauch HW40, Weihrauch HW75.
I am sure there are plenty more to chose from, so your input is greatly appreciated.

In short -
Got money to spend either on pistol or waste on another tablet.
Don't want to travel too far (stick to SE)
I am in West Kent.
Cost up to £300 max, preferably £250.
Have not seen the for sale section here as I have only recently joined.

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings.

Dave