Thread: Disabled shooter looking for FWB comp rim fire rifle

Disabled shooter looking for FWB comp rim fire rifle

Hi,
    Disabled shooter looking to buy my first FWD 2700 rim fire rifle!
    In process of applying for FAC licence.
    Any suggestions where I might buy a quality used gun
    Thanks
    Lee

There was a FWB2700 posted for sale on Stirton on 16 Jul 15.

Rutty

Further info request

Hi Rutty,
    Please can you tell me more about Stirton?
    Kind regards
    Lee

Fwb

hi .I have a friend selling an FWB.in as new condition, it comes with a wedge for benchrest shooting.
    I can email a picture,it was up for £1100 on the UKBR22 website. John F.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedystcks View Post
    Hi Rutty,
    Please can you tell me more about Stirton?
    Kind regards
    Lee
    Just follow the link in my post. You will have to register on the site to gain full access to the forum.

Rutty

Sale of FWB reply

Quote Originally Posted by himself View Post
    hi .I have a friend selling an FWB.in as new condition, it comes with a wedge for benchrest shooting.
    I can email a picture,it was up for £1100 on the UKBR22 website. John F.
    Hi John,
    Yes can you email a picture of FWB 2700 & any information (Address, Mobile, Date of purchase etc)?
    I currently shoot at Sutton Coldfield and Kibworth shooting Air rifle Clubs & I'm in the process of applying for my FAC licence.
    As a disabled shooter I currently shoot SH2 of a spring mount sitting from my wheelchair.
    I have considered bench shooting so this might be most another possible option.

Thank you for your reply
    Look forward to hearing from you
    Lee

Pics

Hi John,
    Yes can you email a picture of FWB 2700 & any information (Address, Mobile, Date of purchase etc)?
    I currently shoot at Sutton Coldfield and Kibworth shooting Air rifle Clubs & I'm in the process of applying for my FAC licence.
    As a disabled shooter I currently shoot SH2 of a spring mount sitting from my wheelchair.

Thank you for your reply
    Lee
    Hi Lee.
    Did those photo's get to you.John F.

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply
    Lee
    Depending on the level of your disability, you may also be able to shoot Lightweight Sport Rifle, or seated Prone. I sometimes need to use a wheelchair, but can usually get around on crutches if I am not going more than about 25 yards, and I shoot LSR from a seated position. You would just need the usual exemption with pictures from the LSRA, most local or county comps work under LSRA rules. Good luck either way.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson
    N.S.R.A. RCO, Club Instructor, Club Coach.

Received pictures

Hi Lee.
    Did those photo's get to you.John F.

Hi John,

I see the rifle shown is the FWB 2700 'Universal' Model - I was really looking to purchase the 'Super Match' Model on the shooting rest.

However on closer inspection I think this may model may be a good alternative rather than spending on the more expensive bench rest rifle.

I have seen on the Scheissport Buinger web site (Germany) I can import the rifle new for £1323.90 inc postal costs.

Is there any negotiation on the price of the gun for sale?

is there a good reason your friend is selling his rifle?

And can you also tell me the date of his purchase?

I've been to Kibworth today to renew my membership and to ask for some advice/references concerning my FAC licence application.

Hopefully this will be processed quickly by Northamtonshire Police and I can make an offer!

I look forward to hearing from you
    Lee.

PS. I am genuinely interested & not waiting his time.

Fwb

Hi Lee.
    I will try to contact the owner of the rifle this weekend, I have to tell you he bought it of another friend with the intention of putting the action in a dedicated benchrest stock. In the end he was offered another benchrest rifle so never bother converting this rifle.
    This rifle has done very little shooting in its lifetime, it shoots extremely well.
    The owner probably has all the original paper work.
    I have no idea of the new price of this rifle, as I favoured the Anschutz rifles.
    I now shoot a custom Stiller rifle and the vendor shoots a Grunig & Elminer .
    Regards John F.