Thread: Umarex PX4 Storm sights way out

Umarex PX4 Storm sights way out

I have just recieved my PX4 Storm which i bouht from France for a really good price.. And in general i am happy with it for the price i paid, but would have been quite disappointed if i had paid the full RRP.

I had a quick tret tonight woth 20 or so pellets and whilst it groups pretty well, the sights are way out...

At 9m its shotting about 5" to the right.. And 2" down.. I knew that the sights were fixed, but i didnt expect them to be this far out.

Is there any adjustment that can be made? Does anyone else have a PX4 and find it more accurate than mine?

I am not going to loose much sleep as i didnt buy i for its accuracy.. But having to aim that far off centre is going to be a nightmare.

Jon

Hi, I've had two. Got rid of my first then replaced it because I missed it Yes, the fixed sights are off. Both off mine were high and left by 3" I improved the gun no end by putting an under barrel laser on it - great fun and miles more accurate.

If it's grouping well try another pellet? Might just group in a slightly different spot? Worth a go anyway. I'm using Crosman Accupel with good results. Some pellets can cause problems with mag indexing though.

Hope this helps

Binker

Worth mentioning that I usually use mine at about 6-8m which might account for the extra margin you're experiencing. It is a blowback after all
    Last edited by Binker; 22-07-2015 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Info
    Mo brístí ar an tine.

Quote Originally Posted by Binker View Post
    Hi, I've had two. Got rid of my first then replaced it because I missed it Yes, the fixed sights are off. Both off mine were high and left by 3" I improved the gun no end by putting an under barrel laser on it - great fun and miles more accurate.

If it's grouping well try another pellet? Might just group in a slightly different spot? Worth a go anyway. I'm using Crosman Accupel with good results. Some pellets can cause problems with mag indexing though.

Hope this helps

Binker

Worth mentioning that I usually use mine at about 6-8m which might account for the extra margin you're experiencing. It is a blowback after all
    Cheers.. Its not the end of the world, but a little disappointing compared to this where it was shot at 30ft

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x8OoLnWpuv4

I did think about the fact it could be pellet related, so will try others from my collection to see if it improves...

One of the reasons i bought it was because of the laser mount.. I Already had a spare laser from my Airsoft guns, so planned to use that, but it turns out the rail is different.. What laser have you fitted to yours? I was going to pick up a cheap one on .

Jon

Edit: Did some more tests today.. Tried various pellets and they are all roughly the same.. Some group better than others, but the sights are still off.

Weirdly, I could have sworn that it was shooting down/right yesterday.. Today its up/right... Approve 3" up.. And 2" to the right.. at 8-9m.. I guess I am just going to have to learn to compensate

Interestingly BBs seemed a bit better and not as far off as Pellets.
    Last edited by Jweaver; 22-07-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Hi Jon, sorry to hear that your px4 sights/barrel is slightly off..

unfortunately with guns that have fixed sights its a bit of luck of the draw, some can shoot spot on and others do not..

my 1911's for example, my first 1911 shot high and to the right. but the one after that shot PERFECTLY straight and my latest 1911 shots to the left.. As you saw in mikes video his px4's shot differently and i bet if he went and got another one out a box that potentially could of as well..

When doing your accuracy tests though are you shooting free hand or in a semi-rested position? as you know that can make a quite a bit of difference to your grouping sizes..

Also its worth checking have a read of this, it shows how different finger positions can affect the accuracy etc.. even if its not the case, its a good read

http://thearmsguide.com/7466/shootin...-trigger-pull/

ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    Hi Jon, sorry to hear that your px4 sights/barrel is slightly off..

unfortunately with guns that have fixed sights its a bit of luck of the draw, some can shoot spot on and others do not..

my 1911's for example, my first 1911 shot high and to the right. but the one after that shot PERFECTLY straight and my latest 1911 shots to the left.. As you saw in mikes video his px4's shot differently and i bet if he went and got another one out a box that potentially could of as well..

When doing your accuracy tests though are you shooting free hand or in a semi-rested position? as you know that can make a quite a bit of difference to your grouping sizes..
    ATB, Marc..
    My test have been both free hand and rested.. And whilst this affects the grouping, it doesn't help with the sights.. It always shoots up/right.

Its interesting that you mention the 1911.. As you know I just had to swap mine.. The first was pin point accurate.. The new one also shoots down/right at a similar amount to my PX4.. I almost wish I had kept the old one now.. Interestingly, they still have my old one in the shop and are selling it "2nd hand" (for the same price as new I might add).. I wonder if I could get a deal on it and get it cheap??

I am not too worried about the PX4.. My plan was always to add a laser to it, and thats been ordered, so atleast I can "zero" that in, and use it that way instead...

Thanks for the link.. I will certainly read that as I have no particular technique when shooting and would love to get some pointers of how to do it properly.

Jon

hi jon,, hmm yeah its a bit cheeky that they are selling your old 1911 for the same price as a new one, its worth trying to get it cheaper if your missing it mate..

What laser did you order for your PX4?

I put a guntuff low profile laser on my umarex/kwc cqbp 1911 as it was shooting left.. even though it does not group as tight as my colt custom 1911 at least it shoots straight now lol..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQpCWwzM774

Yeah have a read of that link, your find it interesting i think

ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

hi jon,, hmm yeah its a bit cheeky that they are selling your old 1911 for the same price as a new one, its worth trying to get it cheaper if your missing it mate..

What laser did you order for your PX4?

I put a guntuff low profile laser on my umarex/kwc cqbp 1911 as it was shooting left.. even though it does not group as tight as my colt custom 1911 at least it shoots straight now lol..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQpCWwzM774

Yeah have a read of that link, your find it interesting i think

ATB, Marc..
    I bought this.

http://www./itm/161116666806?_trksid...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

There were a few styles available, but after looking a pics of "real" 1911s, this appears to be very similar to a genuine laser designed for thos gun...

I wouldnt trust an laser on a real gun.. But for a bb, it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jweaver View Post
    I bought this.

There were a few styles available, but after looking a pics of "real" 1911s, this appears to be very similar to a genuine laser designed for thos gun...

I wouldnt trust an laser on a real gun.. But for a bb, it should be fine.
    link does not work mate...

if placed correctly and using a good one lasers on real steel guns is not an issue we use a laser on a colt m4..

link does not work mate...

if placed correctly and using a good one lasers on real steel guns is not an issue we use a laser on a colt m4..
    Odd.. Its pastes ok, but the forum messes it up.. Pet me try again..

It seems the forum removes the "" part of the link.. Basically its item number 161116666806

haha watch my video mate, its the same laser i have just rebranded

references to the bay of E are automatically removed chap. Theres some kind of rule about it, cannot remember the specifics.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

haha watch my video mate, its the same laser i have just rebranded
    So it is... Looking forwards to getting it, but its going to be atleast a few weeks wait... I would get one for the 1911 too, but unlike your (is that Airsoft), the KWC doesnt have a rail....

hi mate, hopefully you think it will be worth the wait for you, i have heard mixed opinions about those lasers, some say they dont keep their zero well and some say theirs have been fine.. My gun tuff version i paid £15 posted for has kept its zero no problem, and the umarex/kwc colt cqbp 1911 has the strongest blowback i have felt on a co2 airgun (handgun) as yet.. (nope mines a 4.5mm co2 airgun)

ATB, Marc..