Thread: Weihrauch HW66 .17HMR Thumbhole stock

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Weihrauch HW66 .17HMR Thumbhole stock

have had this a couple of months now

http://www.weihrauch-sport.de/seiten..._und_jagd.html

i've now shot maybe 200-250 rounds through it and its settled down nicely. i've been very impressed with it so far, and the trigger is way better than my rimfire or other rifles, being a fully adjustable proper 2 stage Rekord match trigger. its breaking about 1.5lbs trigger weight.

its a 16" varmint barrel and is nicely balanced. i've now shot quarry cleanly at upto 130yards on a number of occasions, and its been ultra reliable.
    the only minor niggle as such is a small 4 shot magazine and the fiddly nature of loading it, but it locates securely and is at least a metal magazine as opposed to plastic. i have learned to leave the final (first) round located well up on the loading slide of the magazine or you can get misloads if rushing.
    its shooting thumbnail size 5 shot groups which is what i was after at 100 yards, and seems to like the cci tnt ammo as per my other thread.

one thing i do like is the smooth bolt action and how well finished the gun is. overall its definitely a keeper and is getting a lot of use now.
    Last edited by ChrisT70; 24-07-2015 at 11:38 AM.